Pro-Sport clang

no avatar
Docuty1974

Pro-Sport clang

Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:51 am

Hello,
quick question on Pro-Sports, I was at the range on Saturday doing some pellet testing, super smooth no issues until I started testing the Daystate Kaiser pellets, nice groups, but a very tight fit in the barrel, until about the 30th pellet that the internals started banging like a fistful of spanners chucked down a steel stair case.

This happened five times in a row before I decided I should probably stop (quick learner), moved onto the next pellet and the problem stopped straight away and it went back to being smooth and quiet.

Does anyone know if it's the pellet or the rifle, had it service last year(ish) but not shot it that much, have I broken it?

Any help/opinions/thoughts gratefully received!
It was like that when I found it...

no avatar
tonyc

Re: Pro-Sport clang

Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:18 pm

Do you know what power it was running at? Check with a chrono just to make sure it's not a broken spring.
One possibility is piston bounce. I've not had any clangs but I have found my TX has a distinct "boing" and is rough with tight, heavy pellets. If you don't know what power it was running at and it's now producing good power you still might want to check the spring as it's only a 10 minute job.

no avatar
Docuty1974

Re: Pro-Sport clang

Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:26 pm

Thanks Tonyc,

I know when I got it back from air arms that it was at running at 10.7 but that was after a new spring so it might have gone up, will get a chrono and test it next time I'm at the range, it was back to running fine once I stopped using the Kaisers with no loss down range in the target, ie pellets where still going more of less where I would have liked them to.

Will give it a test and check, thanks for your help!
It was like that when I found it...