Camargue - to tune or not to tune?

no avatar
Docuty1974

Camargue - to tune or not to tune?

Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:44 am

Hello, really need some advice on this, I've got an old Camargue and a "not working at the moment" Mistral.

The camargue is accurate when it wants to be but jumps around a bit, so I thought a bit of a tune/service might stop the shots jumping around, The mistral needs fixing and then a tune too.

Question is, A. would you do this and B. who would you ask?

I'm down in South London but go up to the Leicester area a fair bit, Ratworks is very near to where I visit but Sandwell Field Sports is also near(ish) what are peoples experience of both, I've emailed them and would feel confident with either as they both seemed really helpful just wasn't sure if one was more PCP and the other more spring? or are there tuners in the south east area?

Any advice would be a great help
It was like that when I found it...

no avatar
sparks68

Re: Camargue - to tune or not to tune?

Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:02 pm

Sandwell Field Sports are a really good shop and have been tuning spring Weihrauch's to a very high standard and have a great reputation for that.
I've always found them very helpfull.Not long ago buying a replacement stock and new Scope from them for my own Camargue.
My Camargue us still riring well,but if not I would happily have them Tune / service it.

no avatar
Docuty1974

Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:00 am

Yes I've heard a lot of good things about them, In the end I took it to Ratworks along with a Mistral I had, both had a strip down and light fettle and are now amazing to shoot - the mistral is in .177 and out shoots my pro-sport believe it or not. Have spoken to Tony at SFS a couple of times about work but as they are so popular there is a bit of a waiting list — definitely on my list though

Blackbaronfish

Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:07 am

So what was done on the tune and what was the cost.
Very interested in what got it running so sweet.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Docuty1974

Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:43 am

£75 - Phil said he's done some work on the trigger, new top hat and guide I think, got rid of the rattle, bit quite too - but at 35 yards with no wind it's knocking the bullseye out of the target, The silencer was a bit chewed up so I got a silencer made and now it's great, purists might not like it but I do so :D