SE90 Trigger Assembly

no avatar
Achroman

SE90 Trigger Assembly

Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:25 pm

Hi folks, sort of newbie here, I was here some years ago when I had a TX200 mk1.

Ive inherited an SE90 side lever in .22 which hadnt been fired for some years so a strip and re lube was in order.

OK strip down went well and I did the sensible thing and put the trigger bits in order on the bench, thinking I could get them back together quite easily, (should have photgraphed it before strip down I know :roll: ). Some come to put it all back together, piston and end block no worries, safety ratchet again no worries, trigger Aaaagghhhh :o bits all over the place, dont ask me how I knocked them or shifted them please. :oops: cos I dont know.

There are 4 bits which when I put them the way I reckon, or logic and the parts diagram hints the piston jams before its able to cock fully, so I think the long sear is jamming. I have tried loads of different combos to no avail.

I have looked on tinternet for hints and can only find pics of Jackal triggers and they are subtley different.
So has anyone got any pointers or could I ask a favour of an SE90, EX88, Khamsin etc owner just take the stock off and take a quick pic of the trigger assembly from the side please?

Thanks in anticipation Achro

no avatar
Achroman

Re: SE90 Trigger Assembly

Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:32 pm

Aha, all sorted, I had actually got everything in its correct place but hadnt taken into the correct orientation of 1 bit. So its all back togeter and working nicely. Much better feel to the trigger now the grease has been cleared.
I will post a couple of links to pics later for future reference.

no avatar
Achroman

Re: SE90 Trigger Assembly

Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:17 pm

Heres a couple of pics, if the links work.

The components are shown in roughly the fitting position, the middle bit, (not sure what to call it), sits at quite an acute angle and the top squarish bit resides under the trigger frame weld so you dont see it.
They can be a fiddle to get back in place correctly. The spring acts on the base of the long sear and is retained by anther trigger frame weld.
Despite a description for a Jackal trigger strip indicating the springs face opposite to each other, they dont on the SE90, it wont work.

Trigger is nice and smooth now and much easier now the 30 year old grease has been cleared.

some links

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eaon4v0a6l9e3 ... r.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0dcwbvp550qlh ... 1.jpg?dl=0