Open sights

no avatar
markus10b

Open sights

Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:17 am

Hello

I have pro sport in .177 ,and I would like to use it for bell target,the league I shoot in ,use iron sights only
And was wondering if any one on here had fitted iron sights on a pro sport ,just as matter of interest
I’ve read on the forum about low power on these rifles when I had mine tested ,which I’ve had from new
Never taken apart 9. 8 ft ,it’s just about right for what I need power wise .
Regards mark

no avatar
Walnut92

Re: Open sights

Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:32 am

I haven't so apologies for being one of those annoying people who says that, and then 'but'...

I have a PS, and if I were to do it, I would consider a diopter sight - are you allowed to use those? If so, obviously the rear could be fitted to the dovetail, and for the foresight I would get a 3D-printed dovetail adapter made, which would then take a dovetail foresight.

I had a 3D adapter made for my Walther LP300 target pistol to take a Picatinny device for training. I cannot add a pcture as the BBS Attachment limit has been reached apparently.

However, it goes around the cylinder (so like a barrel) , and has a split dovetail - when you add the device (foresight in your case) and do up the dovetail fitting it clamps onto the cylinder (barrel).

no avatar
markus10b

Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:51 pm

No need to apologise,no can only use v and blade sight even a front sight hood is considered a shooting aid ,
3D printing now that is worth looking at ,thank you

no avatar
Walnut92

Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:24 pm

PM me if needed and I can provide details.

Yes a 3D notch holder could be made for the dovetails easily and an open post for front too.

gdavison

Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:09 am

Walnut92 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:24 pm
PM me if needed and I can provide details.

Yes a 3D notch holder could be made for the dovetails easily and an open post for front too.
I think a few folk would be interested in some reasonably priced, post fit solution as many clubs end up running some ad hoc open sight springer shoot at some time. The choice of springers with open sights is pretty limited and does not include anything from AA so being able to easily modify a AA normally scoped rifle for these once in a blue moon event would be great. I for one would be interested in a TX or PS solution that I could swap on/off with its normal scope setup giving me a AA solution.
AA FTP900, AA HFT500, AA S510, FWB-800FT

no avatar
zooma

Re: Dioptre rear sight with fore sight tunnel.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:56 pm

I would be very interested in finding an adaptor ( 3d printed or CNC milled) so that I could fit a foresight tunnel to my TX200 to make it suitable for MPL and Bell Target shooting competitions.

Fitting a dioptre rear sight to the dove tails is easy, but mounting a foresight tunnel is not so obvious!
Rossendale Model Target Club. BB4 6QS . Every Tuesday and Thursday 7 - 10pm.