Pro sport trigger

no avatar
Solomon Carrot

Pro sport trigger

Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:47 am

Hello All,
First time on any forum and first attempt at a post.
I have recently purchased a Pro Sport in .177 ( my first and only air rifle ) having shot full bore
rifles for many years.
I was determined to buy British and so went Air Arms, I am very pleased with the Pro Sport and
rate its accuracy and appearance.
But here's the rub the trigger is not quiet as I would wish even after following factory instructions
carefully when attempting to adjust it.
The problem is that I am always comparing it with Anschutz or custom triggers in my firearms.
I spoke to a gent on the Air Arms Stand at the 2019 Shooting Show who suggested asking
for advice here.
Can anyone suggest a gunsmith or engineer who offers an alternative or tuning service?
( I am not counting the beans )

Many Thanks

Blackbaronfish

Re: Pro sport trigger

Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:47 am

I take it you spoke to Chris Kemp.
All you really need to do is degrease the sears and polish them with a metal polish. Then do the adjustments as normal.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
tonyc

Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:49 pm

I have two TX200s with the same CD trigger as the Pro Sport. The Air Arms instructions are not very helpful. However, with correct adjustment these triggers are superb - as light and crisp as any of my PCP triggers. No need for polishing IMO. I'm happy to advise on setting. First I'd ask what is wrong and what you would like: position at rest, length of first stage, let-off point (too far forward/back), 2nd-stage creep and weight.

I'd suggest you unwind the 2nd stage adjustment so the trigger releases on first stage (see note below). Then adjust the let-off point to your preferred position using 1st stage adjustment screw. Next crew in the 2nd stage until you find the point it just comes into play, then screw in a further 1/6th to 1/4 turn. Finally, adjust the weight to your liking. You should be able to do all this without firing a shot by taking up the spring load with the cocking lever. Fire a few shots and do any further fine adjustment on one screw only.

Note: this doesn't address forward position at rest. Also if you adjust to the extremes of the range you will find the trigger won't cock (at forward extreme) or won't fire (at rearward extreme). In either of these cases, if you have not reached your ideal release point, you will need an aftermarket blade either straight, or set back.

On one of my TXs I have a Rowan adjustable trigger which gives more scope for adjustment and I think may have slightly different leverage points.

no avatar
josh3rd

Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:39 am

Excellent response