Change in Power after first shot - TX200

no avatar
Jason Middleton

Change in Power after first shot - TX200

Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:05 pm

I bought my TX second hand and I was having power fluctuation issues so I replaced the cocking shoe, breech seals and the piston seal. I have found now that when I take my first shot it averages at 770 fps (8.4gn JSB exacts), if I cock and fire another pellet straight away it drops to about 730-740 fps and if I keep cocking and firing the speed starts sliding down, this doesn't seem normal? I also have four delrin power washers behind the spring (TBT kit was fitted when it arrived) which looks like a full coil is missing off the spring. If I were to replace with a Titan which spring would I need?
When I changed the cocking shoe I de-greased the piston chamber and lightly coated the new seal in moly.

Any idea's?

Many thanks

Jay

no avatar
VIN

Re: Change in Power after first shot - TX200

Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:44 pm

Did not have that problem with mine although there was enough fluctuation in the fps over 10 shots. I missed having a pressure gauge also so fitted one with a better integrated filler and at the same time fitted a regulator that gave me more consistent fps. All units from Altaros. I think you have leaky seal somewhere

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:55 pm

VIN wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:44 pm
Did not have that problem with mine although there was enough fluctuation in the fps over 10 shots. I missed having a pressure gauge also so fitted one with a better integrated filler and at the same time fitted a regulator that gave me more consistent fps. All units from Altaros. I think you have leaky seal somewhere
Show us a photo of your TX200 with a pressure gauge and regulator :D

Blackbaronfish

Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:25 pm

I’m sure he means a s200 :lol:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

Timmytree

Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:43 pm

Jason Middleton wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:05 pm
I bought my TX second hand and I was having power fluctuation issues so I replaced the cocking shoe, breech seals and the piston seal. I have found now that when I take my first shot it averages at 770 fps (8.4gn JSB exacts), if I cock and fire another pellet straight away it drops to about 730-740 fps and if I keep cocking and firing the speed starts sliding down, this doesn't seem normal? I also have four delrin power washers behind the spring (TBT kit was fitted when it arrived) which looks like a full coil is missing off the spring. If I were to replace with a Titan which spring would I need?
When I changed the cocking shoe I de-greased the piston chamber and lightly coated the new seal in moly.

Any idea's?

Many thanks

Jay
Ignore the PCP/flitgun boys.
That sounds like a really tight piston seal problem.
Personally I would go back to standard and start from there. AA spring, AA piston seal, stick with the TbT kit if it fits the standard spring. You could try sizing the seal but I wouldn't bother. you have doubts about the spring so do the job properly and replace all the variables with standard items. A TX makes the power easily in stock form.

no avatar
VIN

Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:31 am

OOPS, sorry I misread the original post, I modified my S200 m3 :roll: