Piston rod not latching.

no avatar
pelletcaster

Re: Piston rod not latching.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:31 pm

Kelvin wrote:...I have not tried the trigger adjustments, what is the proper adjustment procedure from scratch?...

Hi Kelvin,

look here - there is a fantastic vid of Neil:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3731

And here you'll find some more help:
http://www.airguns.net/general_tx200_trigger.php
Live is a journey - not a destination.
-----------------------------------------
AA TX200 HC / LGU Master / LGV-CU / HW35 / HW50s (1974) / HW50S (2015) / HW90 / DIANA 34 T01
DS MK4iS-S / SPA P-12 / CZ200S-Green

no avatar
Kelvin

Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:05 pm

Adding pressure to the 1st stage and weight screws fixed the latching problem.
The rifle will now latch every time.
It still needs some more adjustment because the safety pin does not always reset.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to this post.
You have educated me on the TX 200.

Thanks again.

no avatar
FPoole

Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Now that the problem is fixed, you can adjust the trigger for creep. If the second stage breaks crisply, you can forget this advice. I turn the rear trigger blade screw anti-clockwise about 1/8th to 1/4th turn then cock and fire the gun. If the gun fires before you get to the second stage stop, adjust it back to where it was because it's already good. If it still has a second stage, repeat the first advice of turning anti-clockwise and firing until the second stage goes away. At this point, turn the screw clockwise 1/8th to 1/4th turn and you should have a very nice let off with no creep. One thing that may happen is the trigger may seem to catch at the end of the first stage travel. If it does, go just a fraction more clockwise. You will soon realize why the AA CD trigger unit is the airgunning world's premier sporting trigger.