Chrono or don't chrono?

no avatar
FPoole

Chrono or don't chrono?

Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:56 pm

My latest TX seems to have a not so tight piston seal. I can cock the gun and bring the comp. tube back up, then I put a finger over the transfer port area and bring the lever back down a bit. This normally builds pressure on the finger tip. This gun builds no pressure, but I can feel suction when I pull the lever back up. I would usually just drop in a seal at this point. Only thing is, this gun shoots so accurately I think I should just leave it for a while. I decided not to chrono because we have no legal limit and I will only be frustrated if the velocity has a large spread. By the number of clicks needed at 55 yards, the gun should be dead on 800 fps with Exacts 8.44 gr. A little hot for you guys, but okay over here.

Blackbaronfish

Re: Chrono or don't chrono?

Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:04 pm

I think your right not checking as it will drive you mad. MY cometa is a bit erratic but shoots on the money :o :mrgreen:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
FPoole

Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:44 pm

I guess you can strike the, don't change the seal part. I changed it and found that it is even better. It is smoother and there is less firing noise from the action.

no avatar
davyt63

Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:15 pm

hi buddy
as the old saying goes,( if it aint broke,dont fix it) :) :) ;)

regards

Davy
did i mention,i have done one less meet then Ray, lol.

no avatar
FPoole

Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:42 pm

I could hear a faint ring at the end of the shot. It was a deeper sound than something like a safety spring, and that's what made up my mind. The ringing sound is gone and the gun feels much softer to fire. I can tell the seal is much tighter when I return the cocking arm after cocking. My 55 yard clicks are still the same, so I guess I lost no velocity from drag. My have picked up enough from the old seal leaking a bit to equal things out. I'm now down to 1 Haccari Apex seal in the softer blue material.