All TX's are not the same

no avatar
FPoole

All TX's are not the same

Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:45 pm

I just picked up another TX200, number 8 for me. This one is a MarkII with the factory short stroke. I've been stalking it for 5 years and finally have it. It is the gun that seems to be just that tiny bit better than any TX200 I've ever shot. That's saying a lot since it never was mine and I never had much trigger time with it. It has a Vortek kit and a JM blue Apex seal and it is otherwise an original gun. I had always been the one that installed the kit, seal or whatever was needed and it was always great, even when factory original. Right hand, beech, MarkII TX200 #13,716 in .177 is now mine. I may be able to sell off a few of the others, now that I own what is probably the most accurate TX to ever leave the factory. Just kidding, but this thing is good.

Blackbaronfish

Re: All TX's are not the same

Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:14 pm

Sounds like you now have your soul mate 8-) I wonder when that one was made :mrgreen:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
FPoole

Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:12 pm

I would guess it was made around 1997. Just had lightning fry my computer a few minutes after my post, but I'm up and running again. I got the gun scoped and had to shim the front as it was a bit high shooting. Having not shot for over 5 months, this is just what I needed to get me back into the swing. Now this hurricane is stopping me from doing anything except battening down the hatches. We are only forecast to see around 40 mph winds or a little better, so let's pray the forecast is right.

Blackbaronfish

Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:10 pm

Tis a mere light breeze man. gee rather you than us having it. I hate the wind :oops: .
I do wonder what groups you may not get :mrgreen: .

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
FPoole

Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:12 pm

Finally got to do a little shooting. The wind was quartering into me from the right and also a bit of swirl at around 15 mph. Got the gun sighted in at 25 yards and was able to keep a fairly tight group. I put up a piece of wood out at 55 yards and kept 10 shots inside 40mm. I had guessed at the clicks needed causing 2 shots to be a bit high. I backed down by 8 clicks(!/8th) and the elevation was good. I was very happy with the 10 shots at that range and with the wind. This was also not rested, but sitting FT style with the gun on my knee. I haven't shot in 5 months, so I still have it. This was a factory stock right handed and I was shooting it left handed. We all know it's impossible to do this, but I do it routinely.