Adjustable butt plate for Pro Sport

no avatar
Browser

Adjustable butt plate for Pro Sport

Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:35 am

I am aware that Rowan Engineering make one of these for the TX200 but can anyone tell me if it fits the Pro Sport too (with or without any reshaping to fit the stock)? I know that there is the Bisley buttplate but I like the design and look of the Rowan one and would like to try it but didn't want to waste their time sending it and my postage costs if it was so wildly different that it would look like a turd on a fencepost when attached!
Replies welcomed :)

Sake-san

Re: Adjustable butt plate for Pro Sport

Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:52 am

Have not fitted one to a Prosport, however...
The Rowan guys are very, very helpful, measure the vertical and horizontal of your stock's butt and give them a call (you could also send them a paper template drawing).
They produce different sizes, they look and function best when a little oversize (i.e. slightly larger than the stock).
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun

no avatar
Browser

Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:16 pm

I did actually think to measure it after I'd posted this (should have done that before posting, nit! that I am!) and the measurements of it correspond with the smaller-sized one shown on their webpage, so I'll order one and let those interested know how I get on :)

no avatar
Bosun

Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:11 am

You need to bear in mind that it has most of it's adjustment downwards (40mm) and only a little upwards (5mm). I'd love to fit one to my ProSport, but want most of the adjustment downwards.
Air Arms ProSport 0.177 Walnut, MTC Mamba Lite 3-12x44
Air Arms TX200 HC 0.177 Walnut, MTC Mamba Lite 3-12x44
Weihrauch HW75 Pistol
Umarex Colt M1911A1 pellet Pistol
Umarex Beretta 92FS pellet Pistol
Swiss Arms P1911 BB Pistol

no avatar
Browser

Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:52 am

Yup, downards is where I want it to go, I always find that butt pad bottom points seem to sit against my collarbone rather than in my shoulder, either that or I feel like I'm having to drop my head too far to sit against the stock, comes of being 6ft 4in tall and having a long neck! I had to make a much longer buttplate for my Alros Trailsman as the factory one was so short the pointed bottom of it use to sit in the hollow of my clavicle and dig into it, not nice at all.

no avatar
Browser

Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:35 pm

Arrived today from Rowan Engineering, first impressions are of a superb quality bit of kit, can't wait to fit it and get the rifle set for me, happy days. If I remember I'll post some picices.