Pellet Loader for the Air Arms Pro Sport

no avatar
Dddrees

Pellet Loader for the Air Arms Pro Sport

Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:49 pm

Being a bit older my hands and more specifically my fingers aren't what they used to be. Now I know they have pellet loaders or pens for break barrel rifles but is there such a thing or something like that works with side loaders or non break barrel rifles like the Air Arms Pro Sport?

no avatar
Dan Dare

Re: Pellet Loader for the Air Arms Pro Sport

Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:47 pm

I have a similar issue - fingers are a bit large to get a .177 pellet in my PS. I use a pair of plastic tweezers - the sort that stamp collectors et al use. Couple of quid on eBay. Works for me - you grip the pellet by the skirt. Takes a bit of a knack to do it quickly, but easily learnt.

no avatar
Dddrees

Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:37 am

Dan Dare wrote:I have a similar issue - fingers are a bit large to get a .177 pellet in my PS. I use a pair of plastic tweezers - the sort that stamp collectors et al use. Couple of quid on eBay. Works for me - you grip the pellet by the skirt. Takes a bit of a knack to do it quickly, but easily learnt.

Since posting I've actually gotten much better at loading the pellet with my fingers. Mine is a 22 so that probably helps as well. Great recommendation though, thanks for sharing.

no avatar
dazzler

Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:22 pm

Dan Dare wrote:I have a similar issue - fingers are a bit large to get a .177 pellet in my PS. I use a pair of plastic tweezers - the sort that stamp collectors et al use. Couple of quid on eBay. Works for me - you grip the pellet by the skirt. Takes a bit of a knack to do it quickly, but easily learnt.

Any issues with deformation of the skirt Dan?

Bobby
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f...... beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back.

Albert Swearengen
Deadwood
Circa 1878

no avatar
FPoole

Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:57 am

Used to be an old guy, at one of our shoots, that had a stick about 6" long and .5" square in cross section. He used some sort of caulking to glue a pellet to each of the 4 sides. When the caulk had set, he pulled off the pellets leaving 4 little rubber tips that a pellet could stick on. He could then load 4 times before charging up the stick again. The pellets would just pull off the tips and stay in the muzzle when the stick was pulled back. He later gave up on the stick as he got much better at loading, with a little practice.

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:59 am

Probably "Sugru" which is like putty but sets to silicone rubber.
Sugru

no avatar
Midasi1

Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:47 pm

I have a .22 TX200 and struggled to load, persistence paid off as I can now pop the pellet in probably 29/30 times, albeit deliberately rather than speedy.
This makes each shot a single thoughtful aim and fire.

But, what's the rush - its a sport to enjoy.

M.
Why be awkward, when with a bit of effort you can be really impossible!

no avatar
FPoole

Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:22 pm

I have fairly large hands and loading the first few pellets was a little odd. After only 250,000 practice loadings I can now load blindfolded, upside down, standing on my head in a hailstorm. Just joking, but I don't have to look and can load in the dark. I actually load the TX faster than a break barrel.