How to make my TX shoot like I want

Sake-san

Re: How to make my TX shoot like I want

Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:40 pm

Ok, understood, have never appraised on feel (neither noise, twang etc) my only criteria have ever been:
Lack of sight picture movement (ability to view pellet flight path and strike)
Consistency of fps (particularly between cool / warm conditions)
Longevity / robustness of components / engineering

Dave Price's TX tune is certainly a much softer feel (no surprise given the specs) but, for sight picture movement comes in behind the very light, ally, o-ring option of Nick G.

Good luck with your quest and thank you again for the videos.
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun

Sake-san

Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:54 pm

GrandadG wrote:
Sake-san wrote:I am lead to understand that you already know Nick Gibney, just drop in his light ally o-ring bits and be prepared to be amazed.
If you would like more background and info on my own TX tuning journey feel free to PM me, or pop down for a weekend to shoot, appraise, eat and drink.

Got you at last Sake :o
Was it a typo? :lol: :lol: :lol: or too much wine?

Good grief you are alert (a good thing as Britain needs lerts!)
The case for the defence hinges upon the clever and subtle use of the word lead (aka Pb, AN 52) linked to the subject matter of shooting small projectiles composed principally of said material. May it please the assembled court.
In reality of course it is the cursed auto text spell check gizmos which become even more frustrating when you try to type at speed each day in two or more languages.
I shall dust off the dunces hat and stand in the corner for a suitably corrective period of time. :oops:

no avatar
neil180

Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:01 pm

Sake-san wrote:Ok, understood, have never appraised on feel (neither noise, twang etc) my only criteria have ever been:
Lack of sight picture movement (ability to view pellet flight path and strike)
Consistency of fps (particularly between cool / warm conditions)
Longevity / robustness of components / engineering

Dave Price's TX tune is certainly a much softer feel (no surprise given the specs) but, for sight picture movement comes in behind the very light, ally, o-ring option of Nick G.

Good luck with your quest and thank you again for the videos.

Yep - I know what you mean. I also have some of those snappy guns with very little sight picture movement - but it can also be achieved another way and its that one I want to try this time :)

The videos will keep coming - well thats if I do things I think are interesting enough that other people might want to see :)

Sake-san

Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:08 pm

Do please keep us informed ;)

no avatar
GrandadG

Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:12 pm

Sake-san wrote:
GrandadG wrote:
Sake-san wrote:I am lead to understand that you already know Nick Gibney, just drop in his light ally o-ring bits and be prepared to be amazed.
If you would like more background and info on my own TX tuning journey feel free to PM me, or pop down for a weekend to shoot, appraise, eat and drink.

The case for the defence hinges upon the clever and subtle use of the word lead (aka Pb, AN 52) linked to the subject matter of shooting small projectiles composed principally of said material. May it please the assembled court.
In reality of course it is the cursed auto text spell check gizmos which become even more frustrating when you try to type at speed each day in two or more languages.
I shall dust off the dunces hat and stand in the corner for a suitably corrective period of time. :oops:

Ok Sake :) you can leave the corner now your 15 minutes are up
HW100T .177
AA Prosport .177
AA S200 .177 Huma Reg

no avatar
neil180

Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:15 pm

Sake-san wrote:Do please keep us informed ;)

Of course! :)

Sake-san

Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:16 pm

Perhaps just another 10 minutes, I quite like it here :lol:

james79

Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:04 pm

Sake-san wrote:
GrandadG wrote:

Not wishing to nit pick :twisted: but AN of lead is 82 not 52 :lol: very unlike you mr San (2 typos in a night) back in the corner me thinks ;)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool

Blackbaronfish

Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:44 am

You guys crack me up :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Neil are you looking for the result in .22 or .177

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
neil180

Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:49 am

Blackbaronfish wrote:You guys crack me up :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Neil are you looking for the result in .22 or .177

BBF

177 mate

All my guns are 177 apart from the project HW80 I did just for an experiment