How to make my TX shoot like I want

no avatar
neil180

How to make my TX shoot like I want

Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:12 pm

Hi folks

Admission time. My TX200 is my least favourite gun. When I got it it was very snappy and eventually stopped working. When I took it apart I found a pretty big (UKNeil??) nose extension on it. I took that off and found that the latch rod had screwed its way through a little into the void at the back of the nose extension. So I took the whole extension off and rebuilt it with standard bits.

DIdn't like it so I put in a full Welsh Willy guide set - made it better but I still didn't like it.

So I put a Vortek O ring head on it - still not impressed.

So I took off the Vortek seal and replaced it for a new standard one. I then sent off to ISP for a 10mm longer latch rod and thats how it is at the mo.

I have more recently put it in a thumbhole CS stock and that has improved the feel of the gun.

I shot one of Bigtoe's LGUs at a springer bash and I wondered - being at the LGU is a copy of the TX, is it possible to do the same to the TX??? Can a skirtless piston conversion produce that lovely soft shot cycle like Bigtoe's LGU??

Any advice welcome :)

Blackbaronfish

Re: How to make my TX shoot like I want

Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:52 pm

Did you shoot Mick tx as it was very sweet.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
neil180

Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:55 pm

Mick Furniss??

No - I tend not to take my TX with me to the springer bash as I end up using my 97s and this time the LGV

But I would love a nice soft shooting TX....

Blackbaronfish

Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:00 pm

What ever he has done to it...it cracking on. I do know it's got a winerack seal

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

Blackbaronfish

Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:05 pm

As requested by some folks, here's the link to the piston on Sportswaffen :-

http://www.sportwaffen-schneider.de/ind ... 8_769_2071

I used the Walther piston with a 25mm Weihrauch seal, a delrin top hat and a TX MK2 spring with the closed coils to the rear in order to keep the piston weight down.

As I say I'm not sure this will give the desired results on a .177" TX and I'm not sure the anti beartrap will work but I'm very happy with the results of fitting one to my MK2 .22" TX.

All the best Mick

no avatar
neil180

Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:07 pm

I think that link is broken

Sounds like an interesting project though :)

no avatar
gary martin

Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:57 pm

if you want to make it snappier, just use the mk2 setup. 14mm longer latchrod, mk2 spring and guides to suit. that is a good starting point.

Sake-san

Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:24 pm

I am lead to understand that you already know Nick Gibney, just drop in his light ally o-ring bits and be prepared to be amazed.
If you would like more background and info on my own TX tuning journey feel free to PM me, or pop down for a weekend to shoot, appraise, eat and drink.
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun

no avatar
neil180

Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:27 pm

Thanks chaps but I am looking to go the other way.

I have shot Nick Gibneys TXs and in particular his MK2 is very good - but I am not after the snappy route. I want the 'soft' feel as achieved by the skirtless pistoned LGU of Tony Leach.....

Amazing gun and must be possible with a TX

no avatar
GrandadG

Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:35 pm

Sake-san wrote:I am lead to understand that you already know Nick Gibney, just drop in his light ally o-ring bits and be prepared to be amazed.
If you would like more background and info on my own TX tuning journey feel free to PM me, or pop down for a weekend to shoot, appraise, eat and drink.

Got you at last Sake :o
Was it a typo? :lol: :lol: :lol: or too much wine?
HW100T .177
AA Prosport .177
AA S200 .177 Huma Reg