Tx vs Prosport

no avatar
zippy

Re: Tx vs Prosport

Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:34 pm

Not again.... :o TX200 vs Prosport.... been done to death..

I know... .177 vs .22... :D

If you own a TX200 there would be no difference in accuracy between the pro-sport and the TX200.

The barrels are the same Lother Walther, obviously the full length TX200 barrel is longer but all the AA, springers share the same barrel type including the prosport.
The TX200 and the prosport share the same trigger,,,barrel type,,, spring and rear guide,,,, the only difference is the cocking lever arrangement on the prosport.

The shot cycle is the same, accuracy is the same,,, the Prosport has extra delrin bearing buttons on the comp tube this is only to make the cocking effort easier as you are pulling the comp tube and spring backwards on the prosport which takes more stress on the alloy cocking lever.

The prosport is for looks only,,, it is easier shoot because of the automatic bear trap... stunning rifle indeed... this comes at a price though...

Your only benefits with the prosport are looks and automatic anti bear trap, it is easier and and faster to load the prosport as no messing with manual bear-trap fitted too the TX200.

The TX200 has stronger cocking arm and linkage with all steel construction. There are more linkages complex parts and engineering gone into the prosports hidden cocking lever too give it the good looks, the stock also has more art work... this pushes up the price of the prosport well over £500... stunning rifle indeed though.

Sometimes less is more,,, the TX200 has been know to have achieved 40,000 shots with only a new spring and guide and piston seal... strong rifle with simple all metal cocking arm and parts.

You would only experience any sort of benefits in flatter trajectory and easier long range shooting if you try .177 caliber in ether the TX200 or Prosport.
and more pellet choice and cheaper pellets if using .177 cal.
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

no avatar
Dr B

Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:36 pm

Thanks for the reply - really interesting. The only thing I'd add is I'm not sure it has been doen to death as I never asked 'what was best' as such questions are silly, I was asking those that had owned both, for differences - but thanks for your input its really useful. You're basically saying there is no real difference. Thanks for that - much appreciated and thanks for taking the time with such a nice reply. :D
AA S410 .22, Classic Walnut Thumbhole stock, Hawke 4-12 x 50 Panorama IR/AO/EV
AA S410 .22 Carbine (Cloverleaf Tuned) Walnut stock, Hawke Airmax 30, 4-16 x 50mm IR
AA TX200Hc .22, Walnut stock, Simmons 3-9 x 50mm.

no avatar
Tyke

Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:20 pm

I've had a number of TX's and Pro Sports and I love both models. The only problem for me (which is probably age related) is that the Pro makes my elbow and shoulder ache after a few shots. I think it is due to the cocking leaver been lower down on the Pro and not any extra cocking effort.
Redfearns F.T.C.
TX200hc
HW98

no avatar
Rossmofo

Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:29 am

I am currently breaking in a Prosport in .177 . My TX in .22 has had about 6000 pellets through it and shoots superby, consistently hitting used shotgun cartridges at 55-60 yards at an outdoor range ,the Prosport is getting there but I feel it needs a heavier scope and a muzzle weight or silencer to calm the nature of the recoil movement. I try to hold them exactly the same and the triggers are set exactly alike.
At the moment the TX is my favourite gun but hopefully the Prosport will equal it once bedded in and with a decent scope etc .Got to say though Air Arms goofed with the lever design unless they intended it to stick out like a sore thumb whilst hurting your hand in the process.
Just my tuppence worth...i
Born with nothing and still have most of it .

S200 Mk3 .177
Air Arms HFT500 .177
Daystate Huntsman Regal .22
HW98 .177
SMK PP700W .177

no avatar
KeithS

Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:54 pm

Rossmofo is your TX standard or have you fettled it.

no avatar
Rossmofo

Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:25 pm

KeithS mine is untouched inside ,don't see the point in doing anything until it has at least a tin of pellets through it. I fore see it improving as it beds in ...
Born with nothing and still have most of it .

S200 Mk3 .177
Air Arms HFT500 .177
Daystate Huntsman Regal .22
HW98 .177
SMK PP700W .177

no avatar
Phil B

Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:02 pm

Dr B wrote:
Phil B wrote:I have the TX and tried fellow members' Pro Sports and also spent ages working the cocking of both at the gunsmiths. For me - and call me a weeney, I found the ProSport tiring to cock and the angular shape of the cocking lever uncomfortable. Cracking rifle though and would have been the choice if the above didn't count. Love the TX mind even if its heavy.

Thanks Phil. Would you say the T-rex is heavier than the prosport? I'm not familiar with the numbers on this. I dont mind a heavy spinger to be honest, just interested to know.
Without looking at the AA spec, I would say that the TX (full length) is probably a tad heavier. Worried me at first as a bit of a weeney myself but don't even think of it and it does absorb a lot of recoil. Enjoy the party trick of balncing a pellet on the scope turret, firing and watching it stay put.

no avatar
Nightprowler

Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:44 pm

having never shot a TX i can't compare the 2.

i have a ProSport which i used for the 1st time this week. my initial thoughts were its a bit nosier than my V Mach Hw77, my sons Omega and on par with the Hw95k.
I wouldn't really compare it to any of the others in many other respects.

The 77 is long due to the V Mach race muzzle brake and being full length anyway, it's also sat in a CS800 thumb hole and its tuned.
The Omega is silky smooth and sound like it has no power (but its one of the most powerful) 11.6 ft/lbs
The Hw95k is bog standard and a bit twangy now its shot in.

ProSport, maybe i got used to it over the day but it sounded OK after a bit of shooting, it's a heavy unit granted but i don't mind too much. The cocking action due its location and the laws of physics was always going to take a little more effort than the 77 or a Tx (i could have had a Tx but i chose the ProSport due to condition) Oh it's second hand did i mention that, the 2 Tx's were both in worse condition overall but that's not to say this was the better gun for that reason and I'm sure the 2 tx were also perfect.
The ProSport was however new looking even though it turns out to be 8 years old.

I used the ProSport for a large part of the day (we were there approx 5 and 1/2 hours) shooting for 4 1/2 minimum.

The cocking lever is a weak point in that it isn't the most comfortable device to use and the shape isn't conducive to continuous usage, given the fact that the short leverage action becomes a little strenuous over time the shape doesn't help matters.
I also found my supporting forearm was becoming tired towards the end of the session which made the ProSport feel front heavy too me, maybe this was due to the cocking action not being the most sympathetic or maybe it was the odd height i was supporting at after lunch, it may even be my scope weight.

I can't really remember being this fatigued shooting the Hw77 but as i said it's stocked completely differently and i have to admit i prefer the way the CS stock on the 77 fits me compared to the standard Air Arms stock on the ProSport.

I enjoyed the shooting with the ProSport it has to be said and i can't wait to take it out again. I can see it becoming my number 1 gun in time and maybe my Hw fan boy status has been dented

We Will See