Short stroking ..

Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:29 pm

What do you gain in short stroking a TX 200 does it make
it less hold sensitive ???

no avatar
gary martin

Re: Short stroking ..

Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:37 pm

in essence yes. the idea of short stroking is to get a lower volume of air move faster to produce the same output. with a long stroke the recoil happens at a slower rate due to the piston moving slower and further. a shorter stroke will produce a snappier feel, but the shot cycle will feel harsher. the shorter stroke should reduce recoil. with a mk 3 setup when i look down the scope, during the firing cycle i lose the sight of the target due to the amount of recoil, but because it happens over a longer duration it feels soft. i have shot a TX200 modded sub 80mm stroke it was at 77mm, the recoil was harsh in comparison but the sight picture on target was still inscope, all the recoil produced happened over a very small space of time, so the rifle hardly moved.
it all depends on what you are trying to acheive, the idea of tunning a rifle is a little misleading, as the rifle already has a state of tune, you can retune it. the rifle will be no more accurate, but maybe easier to shoot accurately. one size does fit all, just depends what you like, and what you are using it for. try a rifle with a different stroke, you may hate it. a nose extension will give a different feel to a longer latchrod, due to extra preload on the spring. do your research first.
Gary.