TX200 mk3

TX200 mk3

Postby dazzler » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:11 am

Hi all,

After an unsuccessful bonding period with the PS, it looks like I shall be biting the pellet and going back to "old faithful". My old TX mk2 was a great rifle - god only knows why I sold it??? :roll:

I'm wondering though, seeing as they run on delrin anyway, what you TX owners have done to `tune` your rifles? Someone suggested replacing the metalwork with TbT top hat and spring guides, but is the difference noticeable?

Anyway, thanks for your advice/input.

Bobby
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f...... beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back.

Albert Swearengen
Deadwood
Circa 1878
dazzler

Re: TX200 mk3

Postby gary martin » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:17 pm

changing to delrin guides will take the twang out, if you are thinking it will turn it into some stratospheric super tune, you will find not.
before starting out on tuning your rifle, shoot it over a decent period of time. then ask yourself, is there something that you don't like about the firing cycle. only then start the process. if you don't know what you want to achieve, how are you going to get there?
Gary.
gary martin

Re: TX200 mk3

Postby Roadworthy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:08 am

The biggest single improvement to my TX 200 Mk III was probably polishing both spring ends. This eliminated twang as well as noticeable torque.
Roadworthy

Return to Spring guns and tuning