HFT 500 low on power

no avatar
Andytx200

HFT 500 low on power

Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:49 pm

Hi everyone and a happy new year,

I've been out shooting today with my HFT500 and it wasn't its usual pellet on pellet at 30yds self. There was a wind blowing which could have been partly to blame. I did observe a small expulsion of white vapour on each shoot. I chronographed it and it shooting between 10.1 and 10.4ft.lb. Pellet was AA field diabolo 4.52. Any ideas what could be the problem and is it an easy fix for the home tuner.

no avatar
Zed.

Re: HFT 500 low on power

Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:10 pm

Cold everything?

Seriously though, I use 4.51 pellets in cold weather and 4.53’s in hot conditions (zero, trajectory & power check regularly also)

With thinner barrels like S400’s I didn’t find such sensitivity but thicker barrels like the Mpr I’d noticed larger pellets flying slower and dropping quicker as a result 🧐

Rich.
Bleugh!

it is my firm belief that people who declare they have a 'bigger signature than' someone are trying to make up for something else :lol:

no avatar
AllenCorneau

Sat May 28, 2022 5:40 pm

My HFT 500 started running low recently, like 100 fps slower than normal!

I discovered that the power adjust screw had walked its way in restricting the air flow. I backed it out and got it running about where it was before. Perhaps yours is doing the same.

That being said, the power adjust screw is extremely loose in there. I can't feel any resistance when turning the screw, I just have to watch the end of the hex wrench to know how much I've turned it.

Does anyone know the best solution to keeping the power adjust screw from walking out of adjustment? It seems to be buried down in there pretty well with no obvious way to lock it down.

Thanks.

no avatar
Zed.

Tue May 31, 2022 9:35 pm

AllenCorneau wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 5:40 pm
Does anyone know the best solution to keeping the power adjust screw from walking out of adjustment? It seems to be buried down in there pretty well with no obvious way to lock it down.
they (M3 grubscrew) used to have a plastic type locking-compound on them, maybe this has been dropped from production? :?

although repeated rotation will lessen the locking effect.....

Rich.
Bleugh!

it is my firm belief that people who declare they have a 'bigger signature than' someone are trying to make up for something else :lol:

no avatar
billywhizz

Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:54 pm

I used too use a little plug of rubber between the outward cover / locking screw and the inner adjuster , not a huge lump just enough too bind in between the two.