FTP 900 Tweaks.

no avatar
TRICKY-RICKY13

FTP 900 Tweaks.

Sat May 01, 2021 2:20 pm

Having recently bought an SH FTP900 I am now looking to tweak to get as close to perfect as I do with most of my rifles, and wanted to ask those that have already delved into getting the absolute best from them a few questions.

First off has anyone got a pic or diagram of the disassembled reg, second what is the std set pressure?

Now setup I have read various descriptions of the best way to set them up ranging from setting hammer spring tension to over power and then tweak back with the two transfer port grub screws, to winding out the screws and setting power with the hammer spring depending on reg pressure,

Anyone know the transfer port size? I am of the opinion that anything that protrudes into the transfer port will cause unwanted turbulence which to me is not good for consistency, but then this is how the gun is set up from the factory and most people think this is the way it should be, but I have known plenty of factories to get it wrong, so what the consensus when it comes to a setup that works?

Also, anyone know where I can get a cylinder removal tool/clamp like Darren at XTX sold before he stopped trading?