Bolt Bush/collar (not sure of name) is loose

no avatar
Rich s410

Bolt Bush/collar (not sure of name) is loose

Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:09 pm

Hi all, i have an aa s410 and if you cock the rifle and keep the bolt cocked back then look at the point of the bolt that pushes the pellet in there's a brass collar/Bush looking thing, the last 3 times I've taken it out shooting I've noticed this brass Bush slides forwards sometimes when say for instance the mag is removed and the rifle is pointing to the ground, it protrudes about 5mm and I have to push it back in its really loose, i've never noticed it do it before and I've owned the rifle for over a year. Is it meant to be like it? what do I need to do to fix,? I'm confident in stripping and fixing the rifle so can do it myself, just thought I'd ask on here first incase I need any new parts, save me a job!
Thanks v much

no avatar
Roger5

Re: Bolt Bush/collar (not sure of name) is loose

Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:03 pm

You will need to get bolt Housing off, there is a screw S303 that keeps/holds that bush in place, easy if the A/T is missing, not as easy if it's still there

no avatar
Rich s410

Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:10 pm

Thanks alot, I'll take a look. may just need tightening
Its pre anti tamper so nice and easy.

no avatar
Jammy13

Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:04 pm

Hi,
the brass bush is attached to the barrel using a glue(?) in the factory. On my old anti tamper s410 it also came loose. The barrel should be removed and the bush stuck back onto the barrel. I used loctite and up to now after 3yrs it hasn't moved.

A few things to bear in mind : -

Clean the inside of the brass and the end of the barrel.
Replace the pellet seal 'O' ring before sticking it all back together because it is easy then.
Don't apply too much loctite or whatever you use because it will squeeze out. Best fitting the brass part out of place on the barrel and wipe off excess inside and outside.
The barrel has a fixing screw under the magazine flat spring so that must be removed to get access.
Try not to lift the rifle via the barrel when picking it up because this puts pulling pressure on the glued joint.

If you need any further info you know where we are.

Keith