S410 Power setting Problems

no avatar
Keith.H

S410 Power setting Problems

Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:47 pm

Hi I am new to both air guns and this forum, not sure I am in the right Topic?
I am a retired engineer with some experience on pressure systems both air and Hyd, during the lock down I purchased a used S410 in .177 cal which is running around 7.5 ft/Lbs this seemed to be a bit on the low side so I attempted to adjust the setting, I removed the 3mm grub screw and tried to do the adjustment on what I assumed to be some form of flow control? this was in fully so I started to wind out slowly 1/2 a turn after 3 full turns with no effect I went 1 full turn 14 ft/lbs went back in 1/2 a turn no effect continued for 2 full turns then straight back to 7.5 ft/lbs, decided to remove the adjuster found out it was another 3mm grub screw, am I right in assuming this not what should be in there, Question 1 what should it be?
Second problem, having read that the hammer becoming fouled on the shaft can give power problems I decided to strip and clean it, found fairly clean however the hammer was very loose on the shaft with a clearance of 0.025", the shaft is 0.310" dia and the hole in the hammer is 0.335" dia this seems excessive ? and could cause the hammer to chatter on the shaft???? does anyone know what the sizes should be?
Hope I have not rambled on too much I do tend to go on a bit, hopefully there is someone out there who can help with some advise, look forward to hearing from you Regards Keith

no avatar
Roger5

Re: S410 Power setting Problems

Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:39 pm

PM sent

no avatar
Keith.H

Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:36 pm

Roger5 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:39 pm
PM sent
Hi Roger5 thanks for the PM I fully take on boards your comments about the content of my post, as I said first time on the forum but will give it more thought next time.

no avatar
Roger5

Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:12 pm

No problem Keith, as said, let me know if you get in over your head, but I doubt you'll have any problems.
They are pretty Easy to work on. Cheers Rog