TX200 Bipod

no avatar
Harleyg98

TX200 Bipod

Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:18 am

Firstly I'm relatively new to airguns - so forgive any schoolboy errors.

I've just bought a pre-owned TX200 and want to fit a bipod.

I understand the issues with the underlever but having watched Airgun Detectives video on fitting a side mounted bipod kit - can see it is possible https://airgundetectives.com/product/bi-pod-rail-kit/

To make the fitting even more secure I'm considering using the existing two front screw/bolts that fix the stock to the action.

Using these as 'main' locking/load bearing screws – with two supplementary screws into the stock – I'm guessing this will provide a more secure fitment than the airgundetectives version.

To do this I need to obtain longer screw/bolts - so that they pass through the bipod fitting and reach the action fixing plate.

Does anyone know the specification of the existing screw/bolts?

Is what I'm suggesting feasible/workable?

Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm also going to be posting a second query – on fitting a tuning kit – if anyone can help. Thanks.

no avatar
tonyc

Re: TX200 Bipod

Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:49 pm

I wouldn't fit a bipod on a springer because it interferes with the recoil, which will probably affect accuracy and shout grouping. If you need a rest, use either a bag or a tripod as a support for your hand rather than resting the gun itself.

no avatar
Harleyg98

Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:33 pm

Thanks Tony - appreciated

no avatar
gary martin

Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:43 pm

tonyc wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:49 pm
I wouldn't fit a bipod on a springer because it interferes with the recoil, which will probably affect accuracy and shout grouping. If you need a rest, use either a bag or a tripod as a support for your hand rather than resting the gun itself.
got to agree with this statement.