FTP900 Huma regulator

no avatar
Napalmzxr750

FTP900 Huma regulator

Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:47 pm

I've got an FTP900, and I've had a pile of trouble fitting a Huma regulator. Can anyone else share their solution to a similar experience? I can't get rid of a leak.

I wanted to bring the power up as high as I could legally go, for a nice flat trajectory, and with all the anti-tamper stuff this seemed like the only option. I've had nothing but trouble. the Huma reg did not even nearly fit up the tube, I tried removing the o-ring on the front, and in the end had to file and polish it. I bought a cylinder hone to ensure a good seal on the inside of the cylinder, in the end I'd tried too hard and killed the reg trying to batter it up the tube. Huma have been great with helpful advice (and their English is excellent). I've managed to get a couple of more appropriate tools which has made getting the cylinder on and off slightly less nightmarish, Huma rebuilt the reg and returned it to me for less than a tenner.

I just bought an FX chronograph, I think I've got the reg in and working correctly, but the gun's leaking. I've always had this problem since the project started, the only time I've been leak free was by refitting the Air Arms reg. Yesterday I fitted an O-ring in a recess where the back section of the Huma reg fitted into the air tube. The gun would barely "phut" a pellet out, so I've established you can't put a seal there, the reg is probably breathing through those threads. Since removing the o-ring and refitting it's all working fine, but I lost a 200bar fill completely overnight. I also notice that to fill from empty I have to cock the gun, or all the air rushes straight out the barrel.

Any advice please? I could live with filling up before using the gun if it's shooting right, but I don't want the internals deteriorating quickly from exposure to moist air. I really don't want to cram everything up tight like a gorilla, because this gun is a b**tard to work on at the best of times.

Thanks,

Nathan