Pro target breech block

no avatar
Pete2

Pro target breech block

Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:57 pm

Can anyone with a pro target check something for me please.
When the rifle is loaded, how tight is the breech block on the stub of the barrel?
Is there any play forwards or backwards?

no avatar
peterlnic

Re: Pro target breech block

Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:45 pm

Hi There,
I realise this is an old thread now, but I am interested to know if you ever got an answer to your question? it appears most questions about the "Pro-target" sadly go unanswered, I am trying really hard to find a Pro-Target for myself but all I can find is very expensive ones (£1000) that are almost EV-2 money, anyway I will continue to look, but I am trying to gain all the information I can on the Pro-target, I very much enjoy the technical side of air rifles, indeed I made a regulated PCP rifle from scratch, and whilst it works well it's not in the same street as rifles like the RN10/ Pro-target/ EV-2 etc etc, I'm also wheelchair disabled and this is one sport I can join in with without feeling at a disadvantage.

Happy and Healthy New Year to You and Yours,
Pete.
Heavily Modified 'AA S400' Konus 12-60x56 scope,
'Dayststae Mk3' 10-40x50 scope,
Home made PCP 8-32x44 scope,
AA 'TM-100' (now restored and shooting well),
AA 'FTP900' 10-40x56 Nikko-Diamond scope,
'Rohm Pistol' Reflex sight.

no avatar
Pete2

Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:28 am

Hi

Never got an answer to this question. Good luck in your search, Pro Targets seem to be as rare as rocking horse droppings at the moment. They do come up occasionally, I have seen them going for anything from 500 upwards.
S400's and S200's are excellent rifles and available much more frequently.

no avatar
peterlnic

Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:50 pm

Hi There,
I am so Sorry I missed your reply coming in, I'm not good with computers, ironic really as I was an electronics engineer! but then I'm a self confessed dinosaur and I wear that with pride!

Well I've been looking for a Pro Target since last April and I think I'm about to give, the few I have found have been really silly money, there are two on Gun Trader now for £900 and £950, the more expensive one has a well expensive looking stock on it so I guess that could be worth it, however it may be an expensive stock but I personally don't like it, I have thought of buying it and selling the stock, but then I'd have to find a Pro target stock which is probably just as hard as finding a Pro target, but the other one is in my opinion well over priced, yes its nice, but its still 25-30 years old and for £900 I could probably find an EV2, virtually the same gun of course, I did offer the guy £750 for it but he didn't even reply, probably thought as I don't have enough to buy it I'm not worth talking to, a quick "Sorry mate but no" would have been nice, or "make it a bit more" or something, I'm just not sure it is worth that much? but never mind, thanks for getting back to me.
I wish you a Great 2022 with lots of good health and happiness.

Take Care, Pete.
Heavily Modified 'AA S400' Konus 12-60x56 scope,
'Dayststae Mk3' 10-40x50 scope,
Home made PCP 8-32x44 scope,
AA 'TM-100' (now restored and shooting well),
AA 'FTP900' 10-40x56 Nikko-Diamond scope,
'Rohm Pistol' Reflex sight.