Rowan adjustable trigger

no avatar
tonyc

Rowan adjustable trigger

Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:02 am

I've just fitted a Rowan adjustable trigger to my S400f. I've fitted several before so I'm not looking for advice... more out of interest, I wondered how other users set theirs.

I like a light trigger with a long reach and a fairly short 1st stage. So I adjust all 4 screws well away from the original AA settings. My datum is the 2nd stage coming in when the trigger post is vertical. I wind the forward stop out to give 5-6mm movement at the blade, then adjust the post fore/aft to my preferred position (fore in my case). I don't have any issues with setting a crisp break, either by adjusting 1st or 2nd stage screws, but I find the final "safety margin" adjustment is more precise on the 2nd stage screw (1/8 turn). The trigger weight screw is only 2.5 turns in (+Loctite) so not much pressure on the sears and therefore necessary to check the sears are moving freely.

If I were to leave the forward stop in the original AA position then adjust the first stage to 6mm, the post would be well ahead of vertical at point of release. I've seen other owners with trigger posts well behind vertical at point of release. Is that because the fore/aft adjustment doesn't give enough set back?