S510 carbine with Lane reg adjustment

no avatar
Archer50

Re: S510 carbine with Lane reg adjustment

Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:30 am

air vermin wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:49 pm
Have you checked that the transfer port is 3.5mm through all 3 sections?
Good point. That would do it, and it's one of the few things I can think of that haven't been checked.

Alan

no avatar
air vermin

Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:22 pm

Well I have just fitted a. 177 barrel to my. 22 s510. I left the reg set at 95 bar for now. Lightened the hammer a bit and the transfer port is 3.5mm up to the barrel then the brass barrel ferrel I took out to 3mm and then elongated the hole slightly to give the volume increase without risking the pellet trying to tip down the hole. I set the tp screw to wide open and first shot over the chrono with jsb jumbo heavy, 719fps, 11.85ftlb. get in! Spread is about 7fps but given the reg pressure I'm happy for now. It did creep up a bit as the barrel leaded in and needed 1.5 turns in on tp to get it safe.
I was surprised to find that with the normal jsb jumbo it gave a lot less power, 11.1ftlb. something to bear in mind if you think your gun is a bit low.
I was expecting it to be well over as the first shot went straight through a bit of 20mm gravel board!
Now to zero and see how it groups...

no avatar
radar10

Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:09 am

HI All,

Apologies for my lack of response, been a fraught few weeks with too much going on to be able to get anything done on the rifle. I think that the issue might be with the brass barrel ferrel as air venom has mentioned. That is still stock at whatever it comes with. I'll check what that is and open it out slowly to see what effect it has.

no avatar
radar10

Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:10 am

Hello All,

I have finally had a moment to get to the rifle last week.
I have completed opening up the port on the brass shim to 3.5mm, so it now runs 3.5mm from the cylinder up to the barrel. Put 20 shots through it and it's still running between 706fps and 715fps..... (still consistent, and there is not much difference with the venturi screwed all the way in, or out)
Do you think I should now be looking at the spring side of things?
According to the Lane instructions (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxDsz9 ... ZRNTA/view) the outlet valve spring should be set to 3.85KG, but mine is around 2.4kg with the adjuster screwed all the way in. Without wanting to get on the wrong side of rules etc. should I start there looking at getting a stronger spring or look at the hammer spring side?