Galahad power tuning

no avatar
Chrisfs150

Galahad power tuning

Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:36 pm

Anyone happen to if altering the transfer port screw (under the anti tamper screw/plug) will alter the power on a regulated galahad like it does on a s200/ s410 etc etc or do i have to alter the regulator as well..?

Currently running just a shade under 11 ft/lbs and although i will probably leave it as is I'm curious as to if it has the same effect as on a non regulated version...ideally id like to get 11.5ftlbs but realise 1/2ftlb is hardly noticeable realistically.

( yes i know i shouldnt fiddle, but as swmbo will testify im not happy unless im fiddling...)

Thanks anyway chaps

Chris

Ps dont buy a chrono or you'll end up like me....... never happy. :D

no avatar
RichieRich612

Re: Galahad power tuning

Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:59 pm

Yes it should increase velocity a little, worth a try but remember how far you unscrewed it out as a baseline.
The regulator is the best way to boost it a little and always remembering to chrono so you're under 12 ft/lb.
Rich

no avatar
Chrisfs150

Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:07 pm

Thanks richie

Id like to say ill keep note of where the screw starts but im generally useless at that....

Never fear, i have a trusty, yet to be shot, chrono at hand and im not afraid to use it!

In all seriousness though thanks again

Chris.

no avatar
RichieRich612

Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:06 pm

Chrisfs150 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:07 pm
Thanks richie

Id like to say ill keep note of where the screw starts but im generally useless at that....

Never fear, i have a trusty, yet to be shot, chrono at hand and im not afraid to use it!

In all seriousness though thanks again

Chris.
Let us all know how you got on. I'm not sure what regulator is used but it will be in the cylinder and easily adjusted.
Rich

no avatar
tonyc

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:42 pm

RichieRich612 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:59 pm
The regulator is the best way to boost it a little and always remembering to chrono so you're under 12 ft/lb.
I have to disagree, unless the reg pressure is set much below optimum efficiency. If you increase the reg pressure and the on-reg power goes up the reg was set too low. If you increase the reg pressure and the off-reg power goes up then the reg pressure is too high.

Best setup is with the transfer port unrestricted and the power limited by the firing valve pre-load. PM me if you need instruction on this or how to determine/set optimum reg pressure.