Tx 200 SR mk2

no avatar
Bigdaddyhodge

Tx 200 SR mk2

Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:03 pm

Hi everyone, just joined as I think this is the best place to ask a few questions I have about the new (old) rifle I just bought. It's a MK2 tx200 sr. It's in mint condition, too nice to take out and use, this is my problem!! I target shoot on my mates farm, I can happily sit there for 3 and 4 hours and shoot the best part of a tin of pellets. Now I have this sr I'm addicted, nothing else has been to the field in weeks! What I'm worried about is the wear and tear of the sled bolts, although very smooth on firing, they do take a bit of stick just tilting the rifle uncocked. The action bangs into the sled bolts at the end of its travel....... Is this normal?? Should the bolts be tighter? Is their a buffer, damper missing or something?? With these bolts being quite unusual in shape and no replacements being available that I can find, is the sr best kept as an ornament, or are these bolts easy to replicate with a lathe/CNC machine if the worst does ever happen??? The whole thing seems to be built like a tank, but knowing my luck the thing will break on me after 23 years of age!!!! Any advice would be much appreciated about the tension of the sled and any problem parts I need to know about. Thanks in advance, steven

no avatar
FPoole

Re: Tx 200 SR mk2

Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:54 pm

The bolts should have an o-ring around them. There will be a groove below the bottom of the adjustable tension nuts. The o-ring is a #008 just the same as the breech seals. You might want to nip the nuts up just a little, so the action slides when the gun is pointed up at about 45 degrees. Just slide the action forward, with the gun un-cocked, and gradually lift the muzzle upward. I do one nut at a time and after I get the first nut just so, I back it off to and exact point, maybe 1/2 turn. This frees up the action so you can get the second nut just the same. You leave the second nut as is and turn the first one back that 1/2 turn you took out. Both should be pretty even in tension at this point.

no avatar
Bigdaddyhodge

Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:14 am

Hi mate thanks for the reply, it's nice to get some info from someone! Yes the bolts have o rings on they are in good condition. I've adjusted the tension a few times and experimented abit. I have it set where it feels quite tight, but once i tilt it to 45 degrees when it's uncocked it picks up momentum and just slides freely the rest of the way, this is what's puzzling me abit.....is this normal or should it slide with the same tension all the way down at 45 degrees?? It's the clunking noise of the bolts banging against the rail when it stops that worries me abit, I've no idea if this is normal when you tilt it uncocked or if something is worn! It's fine during the shooting cycle, no clunking noise when it reaches the end of the rails,it's just when you tilt it uncocked. I'd be gutted if those bolts snapped haha! Regards Steven

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:15 am

Hi Freddie, O-rings greased or dry?
45 degrees test with or without scope?

Guessing a heavy scope will drop more at 45deg but slides less in use on the flat due to inertia.

The FWB 600s I use seems to run on plain steel rods and stops just before hitting the backstop, so I assume the same should apply to this old classic too?
However FWB does clunk when tilted to 45.