Robert Lane Regulator

no avatar
RichieRich612

Robert Lane Regulator

Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:57 am

I purchased one of these Regulators from Robert Lane over a week ago. Tried countless times stripping the Rifle, polishing the inside of the air cylinder to get a good seal, each time to find it was still leaking through the regulator breathe hole.
Yesterday after checking the pressure, it lost 20 bar overnight again so I decided to strip again and do some more polishing.
Must have been 10 times I've done this since getting the Reg and using a stirrup pump each time to fill the cylinder was not fun at all!
Anyway, after stripping it down yesterday the supplied standoff looked in a very sorry state, began to bend and was not straight in the bore at all.
I've decided not to use the standoff and requested a replacement as it's not safe now and could collapse very soon causing the reg to come smashing into the action and possibly damaging the Rifle beyond repair.
To be honest when I received the original standoff it didn't look particularly straight or well finished, burrs present and untidily cut but I had confidence in it as not used/fitted a reg before in my MPR-FT.
I think the uneven standoff was causing the leak all along, not making the reg sit centrally and allowing air to flow over an O ring and out the breather hole.
I sent an E-mail yesterday afternoon to Rob Lane asking for a replacement standoff and included pictures of the deformed original standoff which was sent with the reg.
Nothing back just yet but I do hope a replacement is sent to I can use the product purchased for it's original purpose.

no avatar
Archer50

Re: Robert Lane Regulator

Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:21 pm

Sorry to hear that. It might be worth phoning Robert. He is very approachable and I'm sure he'd help. Just don't phone him when you are in a hurry :D

Alan

no avatar
RichieRich612

Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:56 pm

Archer50 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:21 pm
Sorry to hear that. It might be worth phoning Robert. He is very approachable and I'm sure he'd help. Just don't phone him when you are in a hurry :D

Alan
I phoned him initially to ask him a few questions about installation and he seemed very helpful and even responded to a further email very quickly.
Not the case this time.
Maybe he's seen my email and sent a replacement, that would be nice.
If I had a lathe I could make a standoff but I don't and desperately need one as I have Hft next weekend.

no avatar
Pauly5

Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:42 am

I fitted a regulator in my S510, and couldn't get it to seal. It ended up being the tank. It had big crevices in it, and I ended up having to grind the surface down to get the O rings to seal. will try upload photo.
Image]

no avatar
RichieRich612

Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:23 pm

Pauly5 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:42 am
I fitted a regulator in my S510, and couldn't get it to seal. It ended up being the tank. It had big crevices in it, and I ended up having to grind the surface down to get the O rings to seal. will try upload photo.
Image]
Be careful taking too much material out the cylinder. I haven't bothered fitting it in the end.
Richard