TDR leak ??

darran77

TDR leak ??

Fri May 24, 2019 1:19 pm

Aftre years of faithfull service to me the TDR as sprung a leak, nothing major but it loses all its air over a couple of days.
This was after a session at the donny range where i put a good tin of lead down it.
Normally i would phone that nice chappy in Selby, but he said he is not doing services anymore (shame as he was realy good). So where do i turn to now ? , i could go and do it myself "everyone says how easy it is" or i could ask on here who local to me would do it, i prefer option 2.
So who can point me in the right direction.
Thank you in advance
daz
IFAC member

darran77

Re: TDR leak ??

Fri May 24, 2019 1:20 pm

Oh i am at Goole.
IFAC member

no avatar
Roger5

Fri May 24, 2019 2:20 pm

Hi Darrin, sorry to hear that you have a problem with your TDR, if I was near to you, I would have sorted it for you but unfortunately, I'm not, but as others have said they are very easy rifles to work on, I see you have an FAC so am thinking the antitamper isn't there, or if it's an older one might not be fitted anyway, I would think that there is a member somewhere near you who could sort it, normally loss of air will be either the firing valve, the filler or sometimes the gauge or its mount. You can put balloons over the end of the barrel (mod removed) and also over the filler end. Hope that helps. Rog

darran77

Fri May 24, 2019 4:48 pm

Cheers Roger,
It’s a pre AT model but not FAC . I will give it the balloon test to see where it’s leaking from and the go from there.
Daz
IFAC member

darran77

Sat May 25, 2019 9:00 pm

Well picked w bag of balloons up this morning and grabbed the Tdr to find the leak . I left it last night with 180 bar and bugger me it’s still got 180 bar in it, looks like it’s fixed itself. Out tonight on the bunnies and it’s shooting perfect. Still think it’s time for a service though.
IFAC member