S410 firing pot.

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Re: S410 firing pot.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:36 am

Surely AA spent a lot if time getting the dimensions of the valve, hammer and springs to the optimum for non regulated air supply?

I’m not against improvements, I’ve modified then built new stocks for my own sport, but I often wonder if heavy internal tweaking is like the boy racers who fit flimsy air filters, noisy exhausts, short springs and have an engine management remap and finish up with a complete dog of a car that is undrivable and unsaleable. Factory de-tuning with venturi screw is probably the most stable design.

no avatar
rob2hook

Re: S410 firing pot.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:39 pm

I agree, AA have set up a fine balance so that a tweak of the adjuster screw is all that is needed to make the fine (legal) adjustment and meet their specs.

As you said in an earlier post, only a devoted tinkerer will be willing to put in a lot of time and effort to make improvements over the performance of the mass production item. As a mass production item the balance of the parts and resultant performance is enough for me and most customers, but isn't strictly optimal - that can only be achieved through time consuming and therefore expensive individual tuning of every individual gun. An optimal set-up would render the power adjuster redundant. If someone feels that they need that, they must either buy a Steyr, and return it if it falls one or two short of the quoted shot count, or fettle a gun like an AA until it achieves their personal specification. Combine that with your DIY bespoke stock and you have achieved something akin to perfection!

Just driveling on, as usual...

Rob.