S410 magazine jamming

no avatar
Alexs410

S410 magazine jamming

Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:41 pm

bought a s410 10 shot magazine from a member on airgun forum few days ago, described in as new condition.

But I’m having some issues, my pellets are not slotting into it very well, the only way they go in is with a light prod of a small screwdriver to push it in. The head goes in but then seems to catch on the skirt. It’s not the pellets because they work fine in my other mag.

And the once in they are not able to come out again either. With my other brand new magazine that came with my gun I can turn the mag upside and give it a light shake and the pellets can drop out again.

I can’t understand why they are getting stuck?? Any help would be appreciated because atm the mag is a bit useless and I’ve currently wasted £25

I have messaged him and he’s said it’s just a bit tight cuz it’s new and will loosen up over time... but my other magazine never had this issues and that was brand new from a shop with the gun..

I would upload a pic to show but it’s saying the file is too large to upload

Blackbaronfish

Re: S410 magazine jamming

Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:36 pm

Sounds like the o'ring is on the large size. Try swapping from another one to see if that does it. When you take the magazine to pieces a good tip is to open it inside a clear plastic bag. You really dont want to hunt for that little ball bearing :D .

Another tip for you is to cut a coil or two off the spring as this allows the magazine move with less force.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Alexs410

Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:29 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:36 pm
Sounds like the o'ring is on the large size. Try swapping from another one to see if that does it. When you take the magazine to pieces a good tip is to open it inside a clear plastic bag. You really dont want to hunt for that little ball bearing :D .

Another tip for you is to cut a coil or two off the spring as this allows the magazine move with less force.

BBF
I don’t think the o ring is the problem, it looks like it’s the right one and good condition.
I’m going to try and file out the holes a bit I think and try to open them up a little bit

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:42 pm

I had too file one of my mags, only a lightly on the outer plastic face solved the problem
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
Alexs410

Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:59 pm

I’ve just done that as well and has fixed it 👌

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:08 pm