S510 fixing a leaking reg

no avatar
Pauly5

S510 fixing a leaking reg

Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:21 am

I had fitted a reg into my S510, but always had a slow leak from the breather hole. Changed all the o rings and polished the cylinder. Then I watched Robert Lane videos and he said 99.99 % of breather hole leaks are from cracks in tanks, so I had a closer look. Well, I'm not surprised its leaking with all those channels running through it. That's the breather hole there too.
Anyway, as advised I took to it with some Emery cloth, and that fixed it thank goodness.

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Re: S510 fixing a leaking reg

Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:16 pm

Guessing AA don’t design their cylinders for Lane regs, rather the other way round. So its bad luck on you rather than poor quality by AA .

There have been cylinders in this forum with a noticeable groove along their length that are too deep to be polished out.

Having said that, if that was mine I would have replaced it - they look too much like stress cracks.
Tin hats on!

no avatar
Pauly5

Re: S510 fixing a leaking reg

Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:49 pm

Of course, I'm sure if AA were putting regs in, the cylinder would be better. If those marks are just part of the manufacturing process, it's good to know before hand, as I feel I'm fortunate to get a seal. Just something to go into the memory banks for next time.
I would expect stress cracks to be on the outside? Unusual marks anyway.