Light weight cylinder S510 ?

no avatar
The Burpster

Light weight cylinder S510 ?

Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:16 pm

Probably a very old question but is anyone making Ti or Al air tubes for the S510? Firing my US at the range on Saturday and it is quite a lump especially compared to my 100k with A&M tube.
Also noted it pings dreadfully so getting a Lane de-pinger any tips on fitting?

no avatar
Archer50

Re: Light weight cylinder S510 ?

Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:54 pm

According to their website, A and M seem to make an Air Arms cylinder and whoever it is that make the 'Aerospace' cylinders might be able to help. But before spending money on a new cylinder I suggest you try to get your hands on a standard AA stock to try, or better still a Customstock C800. You might find that the problem is the 2.5 kg lump of a stock, rather than the cylinder - I certainly did.

On a similar theme, my HFT500 had a loud bell-like ping which was driving me and whoever I was shooting with mad, but after fitting a de-pinger, which did nothing to help, I realised it was from the hammer spring not the cylinder. Have a good listen and see if you can hear where the sound is coming from. If it is from the spring housing, a very light coat of grease on the spring should fix it. I know all about the problems with grease in an AA action, but I was very careful not to get it on the hammer rail, and whatever the theory, after many thousands of shots I have had no problems - and no ping either.

Good luck

Alan

no avatar
The Burpster

Re: Light weight cylinder S510 ?

Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:02 pm

Awesome tip that, thank you Alan. That I can check without having to buy bits and, thinking about it stripping cleaning and correctly lubing an S410 for one of the club members transformed it so I may just do that.
I did suspect it is internal as holding my thumb on the cylinder whilst firing I would hope would dampen the ping if it was the air tube whoever it didnt seem to alter it.....
As to the stock, you have a point but I love the stock 🤔
As to A&M I have to take my HW100 tubes back for an inspection soon so will ask while I’m there.... I thought it said they did one on their site but just couldn’t work it out....🙄 it’s not a great website! 😂