Servicing a BTAS regulated & tuned S510

no avatar
Splitcane

Servicing a BTAS regulated & tuned S510

Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:58 pm

Can anyone recommend someone within an hour or so of West London to service my beloved Ben Taylor tuned and regged S510, please? It seems to have gone slightly haywire - pressure gauge showing around 140 bar instead of the correct 100 and accuracy (which was pellet on pellet at up to about 40m) inconsistent to say the least. All over the place is more like it.

It might be blown/perished seals, but pellets also seem to be clipping the moderator which obviously won’t help anything. It’s long overdue an overhaul anyway. I’d be grateful for suggestions.

no avatar
Roger5

Re: Servicing a BTAS regulated & tuned S510

Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:00 pm

Splitcane wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:58 pm
Can anyone recommend someone within an hour or so of West London to service my beloved Ben Taylor tuned and regged S510, please? It seems to have gone slightly haywire - pressure gauge showing around 140 bar instead of the correct 100 and accuracy (which was pellet on pellet at up to about 40m) inconsistent to say the least. All over the place is more like it.

It might be blown/perished seals, but pellets also seem to be clipping the moderator which obviously won’t help anything. It’s long overdue an overhaul anyway. I’d be grateful for suggestions.
Hi there, I own one of these myself, to be honest, I never had any issues with it always shoots fine, just wondering if you have recently given the moderator a knock, this can cause clipping, you could try it with the mod off (noisy I know ) I service my own one, but have never had the reg apart, where abouts are you based, there might be someone near who can have a look at it. Rog

no avatar
Splitcane

Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:27 pm

thanks Roger5. It really needs a full service. The issues I’m having with it could be any number of things or combination of things from the reg to a bent barrel. I’m not going to use it without the mod as this is my main rabbiting rifle and it needs to be as quiet as possible. As I said, I’m in West London, and I’m really after personal recommendations for a really good gunsmith who will know what he’s doing with a BTAS regged 510, preferably within an hour or so’s drive of me.

no avatar
Roger5

Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:36 pm

I didn't mean to go shooting without the mod, just to see if it cured the grouping problem, if you would like me to take a look at it, I live in Hampton, Middx. Rog

no avatar
Splitcane

Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:11 pm

That’s a very kind offer, and very much appreciated! Thank you! I’m off in Wales at the moment (rabbiting, of course) but I’ll get in touch when I’m back, if that’s OK. We are very close to each other (when I’m home!)

Thanks again.