Power troubles

no avatar
Roger5

Re: Power troubles

Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:19 pm

dyer wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:09 pm
think you could be right on that Rog . interesting there should be a ball under the grub screw , my grub screw is just pointy
Duncan
The small nylon ball protects the thread on the pot, otherwise the screw wrecks it. ;) Rog

no avatar
dyer

Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:37 pm

ha that explains the rather dinged thread then
Duncan

no avatar
tonyc

Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:36 pm

I can't see how a missing spring can limit the power. Do you know that it used to produce 11+ ft lbs? The reg butting up against the pot doesn't seem right. Should it have a spacer? Is the end of the pot open? Or is the air flow only through the hole in the side? I'm thinking small reg chamber, flow to valve restricted, was this a 7.5J reg? Have you checked the transfer port yet?

no avatar
dyer

Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:13 am

To answer your questions Tony ,
Yes it was 11ftlb when I last used 3 years ago,
no there isnt a spacer missing it is exactly as was when if first opened it ,
The air flow is only through the 3 holes drilled around the pot ,
Transfer hole seems clear.
I think I am going to take Rogers advice and return internals to original, I didnt get the gun regged it was done before I bought it ,I had a 400 unregged before which I was happy with so I am sure the 410 will be just as good as that.
Cheers
Duncan

no avatar
Pauly5

Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:28 am

You would have to think there's a problem with the reg then maybe. Been a good thread to follow, enjoying it.

no avatar
dyer

Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:16 pm

I am beginning to think it must be the reg too, although it seems quite a simple thing !
I will keep you posted when I have got new bits and reassembled .
I must admit I have enjoyed trying to fix the issue ,learnt quite a lot and also did some posting which is something I dont do to often ! typing more than 3 words isnt as laborious as I have imagined it was . :lol:
Cheers to everyone for your help
Duncan

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:24 pm

Except there's an inch of cylinder tube with 100 bar in it so the reg seems to be doing its job. The air isn't getting to the pellet is all.
(I assume the gauge is still on the dogleg and therefore showing the regulated side. )

Does the gauge dip for a split second on firing?

I suppose the breech seal is intact and the transfer port is clear? Tried a fag paper over the probe area to ensure there's not a massive leak?
It would be a pity to set back to standard only to find it still won't fire.

no avatar
tonyc

Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:00 pm

TenMetrePeter wrote:
Except there's an inch of cylinder tube with 100 bar in it so the reg seems to be doing its job. The air isn't getting to the pellet is all.
(I assume the gauge is still on the dogleg and therefore showing the regulated side. )

I suppose the breech seal is intact and the transfer port is clear? Tried a fag paper over the probe area to ensure there's not a massive leak?
Good points here... I agree. Also the O-ring on the transfer port is another possible leak. With the stock off you can use shaving foam as alternative to fag paper.

I think the standard gauge is slow to respond to pressure changes so it may not dip.

no avatar
dyer

Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:07 pm

interestingly there wasnt an o ring between cylinder and breech when i first stripped it ,so i put one in.
havent tried fag paper trick . will try tomorrow as i am a bit to "relaxed" at the moment .
Cheers
Duncan

no avatar
Roger5

Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:11 pm

TenMetrePeter wrote:

As Peter says, there is still 100bar showing on gauge, could just be the firing valve, how much of it is showing that the hammer can strike, and is the firing valve showing any signs of damage i.e. Flattened end. Rog