Picatinny/Weaver rails on 510 dovetails?

no avatar
The Burpster

Picatinny/Weaver rails on 510 dovetails?

Tue May 22, 2018 10:31 am

I feel this may have been covered before but being new to the AAOC I havent a scooby where to look.

Does anyone make a specific kit or peices of Picatinny or Weaver rail that attach straight to the 410/510 dovetails. I am not interested in the block riser type that puts a rail above the magazine, but low profile rails that allow convetional rings to make up the height to put the scope body above the mag housing?

If no one has some fantastic idea that I cant or haven't found yet, then I have some Hawke 2 piece rail adapters that I will modify the front one.

Setup I intend to use is dovetail to pic adapter then Burris Signaure zee rings to accept a 30mm tube.

no avatar
Roger5

Re: Picatinny/Weaver rails on 510 dovetails?

Tue May 22, 2018 8:07 pm

Try ant supplies. Rog

no avatar
tonyc

Tue May 22, 2018 8:34 pm

You can buy inserts to go directly in the weaver mounts. Bit of a faff putting pics on this site but have a look at my posts in WOC.

no avatar
The Burpster

Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:39 pm

Well now being in possession of my nice new US and having an afternoon playing with it I state definitively!

If you take the roll pin out the front dovetail rail, Hawke 3/8 to Weaver rail adapter fits on there without fouling any of the magazine mechanism or screws. I had the Dremel on stand-by in case it touched anything but it doesn’t. :D

One scope happily mounted. Off to the range at the weekend with my Pellpax sample pack and some paper! Can’t wait!

no avatar
tonyc

Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:12 am

Bob, you said you were not wanting the block riser type. Have you gone with the 2-piece Hawke adaptor and, if so, what is this giving you that is different? I'm interested to know because I'm currently using 15mm block risers on some medium fully adjustable rings, which was a temporary setup. The risers are really too high so I'm looking to drop the scope by 5-8mm. What height increase are you getting with the Hawke adaptor?

no avatar
The Burpster

Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:23 am

Hi Tony, the Hawke rails aren’t really block adapters they are low profile rails (a copy of the no longer available Weaver ones) I have had lower ones and they aren’t quite as low as the Apex rail for the HW but not far off. As with pic rails once these are on then if you need to remove the scope you undo the mount screws and slide it forward 20mm and hey presto, putting it back on and pretty much back to zero.

I would have to get it out to measure it exactly but as I recall it was in the region of 3-4mm from the top of the AA dovetail rail to the mid line of the Weaver rail (its widest point). I can measure it tomorrow if you need exact? I needed clearance for the magazine obviously and the 2 piece and the Med 30mm signature zee give me 1mm clearance between the top of the mag and the bottom of the scope so perfect really.

no avatar
tonyc

Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:38 pm

I'm still not with you, Bob, but no matter as it was only a passing interest. I've seen 2-piece with 5mm uplift called 'Adapter Base 3/8" Rifle to Weaver' on Hawke website, if that's what you mean.

What I'm really looking for is a riser for weaver ring mounts to go on a weaver base rail with similar increase in height. The only possibility I've seen is two clamps each with double 'V' notches to clamp two weaver rails together. Would be good to find other options but I'm now going off-topic for this thread.

Hope you enjoy the Ultimate and it meets expectations.

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:59 pm

I'm puzzled why you are looking at 3/8 to weaver adapters when AA 400 500 series rifles have 11mm dovetails.
Unless 3/8 ones open up to 11mm?

no avatar
tonyc

Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:29 pm

TenMetrePeter wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:59 pm
I'm puzzled why you are looking at 3/8 to weaver adapters when AA 400 500 series rifles have 11mm dovetails.
Unless 3/8 ones open up to 11mm?
Not sure about these Hawke mounts. Some do 9-11mm but I don't think this one will. The reason I don't get Bob's solution is I couldn't see a current Hawke mount that fits his description

no avatar
The Burpster

Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:48 pm

Good point about being 3/8 but that’s how they advertise them not me.... :lol

https://uk.hawkeoptics.com/adaptor-base ... eaver.html

Mine are actually the Original Weaver product from which these and all the nasty Chinese copies (on eBay) are derived. I bought them for the HW100’s around 10 yrs ago and used them on the HW100’s before Apex bought out their beautiful one piece rail. Mine slip beautifully onto the 11mm rail and I am lead to believe the Hawke ones are 11mm as they are but will handle down to 3/8” (although I could be wrong and if I am I apologise!).

Tony, some the dimensions are on this link above but again that’s for their product not the ones I actually have.... whichever way the ones I have fit the 510 like a glove and work the Burris mounts to perfection. 😊

I have read your post again and think I know what it is you mean now. I will have a look as I think I. Have seen them somewhere.