Rail

no avatar
supergnome

Rail

Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:45 pm

Does anyone know of a maker of accessories for the rail on my ultimate sporter stock? I am looking for an attachment for a picatinny rail for a bipod.
David.
FTP 900
64 MPR

no avatar
tonyc

Re: Rail

Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:15 pm

Have you considered buying "Bipod Sling Swivel Adapter Mount Stud With 1 Slot 20mm Weaver Picatinny Rail" ? Cheapest on Ebay is £3.32. Just screws on to the existing swivel stud.

no avatar
supergnome

Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:18 pm

Thanks for the reply. I think this is a weak mounting of the bipod. It tends to pull on the screws that hold the rail into the stock. I would hope to support a weaver rail by at least 5mm length in the stocks rail. It's an Atlas bipod.
David.
FTP 900
64 MPR

no avatar
tonyc

Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:47 pm

I'm intendng to buy an Ultimate Sporter so have been looking for details of the rail and accessories but not found anything. So if you do find something please let me know.

Not knowing the rail dimensions and fixings I can only guess at a possible solution (and I'm assuming the existing stud is screw thread, maybe M6?) The only suggestion I can make is to buy a weaver riser mount (you can get various lengths and a 11mm dovetail-to-weaver conversion may be best), drill and counterbore holes to match either (a) the existing stud holes and fix with appropriate set screw, or (b) the existing rail screw positions and attach through the rail using longer screws.

Hope you find something that works.

no avatar
supergnome

Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:43 am

I already have a 3" block that I use for benchrest with the 64MPR.That works well with the ult/sporter but other situations require a bipod and I don't like the " Harris type". It seems unusual for a feature on a gun to have nothing to use on it.
David
FTP 900
64 MPR