FTP 900 Filler Valve Leak

Gaspode

FTP 900 Filler Valve Leak

Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:42 pm

Hi,
my FTP 900 has been intermiterntly leaking air from the filler port when the filling probe is removed, it's now leaking constantly and is a bit of a PITA.

I am going to remove the filler valve assembly and fit new seals shortly, however I understand that a long term fix can be had by replacing the FTP 900 filler valve body with the one used on the EV2/ S400 etc (part no. S491). together with a T bar filler replacement valve from Best fittings.

I know that I will lose the pressure guage if I do this mod, but I can live with that as it will make filling just a bit easier.

Just wondering if anyone else has done this mod and can give me any advice?

Thanks

Gaspode

Re: FTP 900 Filler Valve Leak

Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:45 pm

Well the set of FTP 900 O rings arrived today and it was a surprisingly painless task to replace the filler valve O ring, although the old one had gone rock hard and was a bit stiff to remove, the new one went on very easily after a light application of silicone grease. I blasted the innards of the filler valve body with my airline just to make sure there were no foreign bodies lurking in there.
I was initially a bit nervous of removing the filler valve from the air tube as I expected it to be on super tight and although the complete tube did unscrew from the action the valve itself unscrewed by hand without the use of any tools and went back together hand tight without any further leaks, so job done.
Will see how long it goes before it starts leaking again when I may revisit fitting the S491 etc. replacement.

BSJ

Re: FTP 900 Filler Valve Leak

Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:15 pm

I just fit one of Robert Lane's quick fills with gauges to my Reged. S410 and Pro-Target. Easy swap out of the old Parker style fitting end plug.

Really nice to have a gauge on the PT now... 17+ years without one!
Brian
Grand Isle, VT
.177 Pro-Target (1999)
.22 S410 (2000)