no avatar
Jpbud

Help please

Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:27 pm

Hi all, can anyone tell me the best way to zero in your sight,thanks

Gaspode

Re: Help please

Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:56 pm

Method I use is to firmly secure my rifle onto a rest so that it doesn't move between shots (this works best with PCP's for obvious reasons).
place a large sheet of white paper at your preffered distance, say 25 yards, and take a shot at the centre of the paper, then, without disturbing the gun, adjust the elevation and windage of the scope so that the crosshairs are centred on the pellet hole and that should be it.
You may need a few shots to get it spot on but this method has always worked for me.

no avatar
Outandabout

Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:53 pm

As Gaspode says.
BUT if you don't have anything to secure the gun in, always rest it on something-before taking the shots,even if you are laid prone and supporting the gun firmly with your elbows on the ground-Sniper style, before each shot. It will be a lot harder to zero your scope exactly if taking unrested and standing shots.
Kevin

Raj

Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:55 pm

Like this -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwheH428z18

Now this is for 25 yard zero like he said. Once you have got this sorted, the ideal 'zero distance' for you is very much down to what the power of your rifle is, what you plan to do with your rifle etc. etc.

The rested or clamped rifle approach works for PCP. If you are shooting springer, you will need to use the artillery hold.
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"