S410 anti tamper removal & service newbie help please

no avatar
Carlatthesalon

S410 anti tamper removal & service newbie help please

Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:32 am

Hi all, I have owned my 2014 s410F tdr for a while now, recently chronographed at just over 9ft lb, I am a capable chap and have decided to service it myself, problem being the anti tamper, in particular the air valve one, I have looked on the internet and this forum but haven't found a definitive best way to remove the shear bolt, i.e. is it best to use a 2 or 3mm drill and how far down to drill would be handy to know and if to use screw extractor or possibly sticking(araldite) a bolt in drilled hole,apologies if this info is on the forum I just have not found it, also any info on how and procedures to service my s410 would be great, thankyou in advance for any info received.

Blackbaronfish

Re: S410 anti tamper removal & service newbie help please

Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:19 am

They have thin metal caps covering the heads. Use a drill big enough to do the job. You don’t want the catch the bore hole.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Roger5

Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:42 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:They have thin metal caps covering the heads. Use a drill big enough to do the job. You don’t want the catch the bore hole.

BBF

As Ray says , I normally use a piller drill after taking all the other A/T out, then you are just dealing with the firing valve body, you only need to drill about 2mm max into it, then use an Allen key, torx or star to unscrew, just take your time, and you will be fine. Rog

no avatar
Carlatthesalon

Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:46 pm

Thanks bob & Roger 5, it’s the air reg one I’m thinking about as there is A YouTube explanation(hopefully a good one showing part 1 part 2 but not about air reg a/t bolt on side, also don’t have access to a piller drill just normal one, so would you say a 2-3 or 4mm to drill into centre after centre punch going just 2mm deep and then turning anti clockwise with star or Allen key as I’m unsure how tight it will be to undo,I’m sure your advice given should be enough but I like to be 100 percent before I take a drill to it

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:41 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:They have thin metal caps covering the heads. Use a drill big enough to do the job. You don’t want the catch the bore hole.

BBF

Alright " BOB" :lol: :lol:cheers Carl I shall call ray "bob" from now on :lol:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Blackbaronfish

Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:53 pm

BOB :lol: :lol: :lol:

Use a 2mm drill then screw in a no 8 wood screw to lift the cap off ;)

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Carlatthesalon

Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:30 pm

Thanks again :oops: lads oh and soz about the Ray Bob thingy

no avatar
Roger5

Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:41 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:BOB :lol: :lol: :lol:

Use a 2mm drill then screw in a no 8 wood screw to lift the cap off ;)

BBF

It's not a cap, it's a complete snap off bolt, drill 2mm into it and tap an Allan key into it, then unscrew it, i.e. Lefty loosey :) Rog

no avatar
Carlatthesalon

Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:46 pm

Thanks lads appreciate advice, what I found when a/t out was a hole and was expecting to put 1mm Allen key in and to be able to lock onto grub screw, it I couldn't so im guessing its been removed totally or the grub screw Allen key is smaller than 1mm, any ideas please.

no avatar
Roger5

Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:03 pm

Carlatthesalon wrote:Thanks lads appreciate advice, what I found when a/t out was a hole and was expecting to put 1mm Allen key in and to be able to lock onto grub screw, it I couldn't so im guessing its been removed totally or the grub screw Allen key is smaller than 1mm, any ideas please.

With the A/T out, there is/should be another grub screw down the hole, this is the power adjustment screw. Rog