Multi shot conversion.

no avatar
Chrisk22
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:24 am

Multi shot conversion.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:33 am

Hi. It's probably been discussed before but I want to convert my s400 superlite to multi shot. Is there a kit? Has anyone had any luck with this kind of thing? I know roman engineering does one but I rather not have to manually index.
Thanks

User avatar
bgaltd
Posts: 821
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:53 pm
Location: Somerset
Contact:

Re: Multi shot conversion.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:26 am

it can be done but will cost approx £155 to do . i would suggest selling the 400 and buying a 410 ..... but if you do want to do the conversion give me a shout and i'll supply the parts for you :-) .

no avatar
Roger5
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:04 am
Location: Hampton middlesex

Re: Multi shot conversion.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:26 pm

Chrisk22 wrote:Hi. It's probably been discussed before but I want to convert my s400 superlite to multi shot. Is there a kit? Has anyone had any luck with this kind of thing? I know roman engineering does one but I rather not have to manually index.
Thanks

Just wondering, have you ever tried the Rowan kit, I have used one of these for quite a few years and have no problems whatsoever with it, I think they are about £60 now, but as Julian quoted £150 odd for a proper conversion it could be worth going that route, plus you get the chance to work on your rifle, such fun :) Rog

no avatar
Chrisk22
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:24 am

Re: Multi shot conversion.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:58 pm

Thanks chaps. My only real problem with the rowan is that it's just that little bit mor fiddly hence that little bit more noise but I will consider both. Again thanks.
Great forum by the way!

no avatar
Chrisk22
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:24 am

Re: Multi shot conversion.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:00 pm

bgaltd wrote:it can be done but will cost approx £155 to do . i would suggest selling the 400 and buying a 410 ..... but if you do want to do the conversion give me a shout and i'll supply the parts for you :-) .



Julian many thanks. If at all possible can I have some more info or maybe a picture? Thanks.

User avatar
bgaltd
Posts: 821
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:53 pm
Location: Somerset
Contact:

Re: Multi shot conversion.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:09 am

Chrisk22 wrote:
bgaltd wrote:it can be done but will cost approx £155 to do . i would suggest selling the 400 and buying a 410 ..... but if you do want to do the conversion give me a shout and i'll supply the parts for you :-) .



Julian many thanks. If at all possible can I have some more info or maybe a picture? Thanks.


the conversion is replacing the 400 breech with a 410 one with all the attachments needed to turn it into a 410 . ring me if you need more clarification or if you have any questions or queries :-) .

no avatar
Dreamer_UK
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:23 pm

Re: Multi shot conversion.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:59 pm

Chris, if you haven't sorted yourself a conversion yet, I have a Rowan Engineering S400 multi shot adapter kit with two magazines for sale, as I've moved my S400 back to single shot for benchrest competition shooting at my club. The kit and mags are about £100 new from RE. I'm happy to sell the adapter and both mags for £55 if you are interested. The mags feed from the left hand side. I'm based in Bournemouth.
AA S400 Classic (pre-safety catch)
Sig Sauer MCX

Location: Bournemouth
Club: Parkstone GC

no avatar
tonyc
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 10:55 am

Re: Multi shot conversion.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:40 pm

If you haven't tried a Rowan mag, I would recommend you do. They're easy to slip in and out, and to index. Noise won't be an issue. And at £55 I'd snatch this one up if it's the right size and configuration and I didn't have one already. You just need to decide if you want right or left handed and check the dimensions from bore centreline to dovetail rail: 13mm on older S400, 15mm on later models. (Note: If you shoot right handed you'll want a mag that slips in and is indexed from the left.)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests