Gauge problem

no avatar
Hairybiker59
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 11:42 pm

Gauge problem

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:52 pm

Air arms s410 was perfectly fine..removed the air cyclinder to add a de pinger.re fired the cyclinder and filled the rifle to 170 bar on pump gauge.looked at the air arms gauge and it was reading empty but still air in the cyclinder has I fired it half a dozen times..anyone know what the problem is

no avatar
Roger5
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:04 am
Location: Hampton middlesex

Re: Gauge problem

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:41 pm

Hairybiker59 wrote:Air arms s410 was perfectly fine..removed the air cyclinder to add a de pinger.re fired the cyclinder and filled the rifle to 170 bar on pump gauge.looked at the air arms gauge and it was reading empty but still air in the cyclinder has I fired it half a dozen times..anyone know what the problem is

Did you take the gauge mount off when you did this, and if so, did you remove seals, and maybe swap them inadvertentl, easily done, they are different sizes. Probably blocking off air to the gauge. Rog

no avatar
Hairybiker59
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 11:42 pm

Re: Gauge problem

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:39 pm

I did take it off rog,I change the seals at the same time even though the other were good.will have a look to see if I’ve put them the wrong way round

User avatar
TenMetrePeter
Posts: 630
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:40 pm
Location: Luton Beds UK

Re: Gauge problem

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:48 pm

Those gauges are made of cheese. It could have stripped a cog when the air was released first time.
Luton, Bedfordshire
S400 MPR Precision 10m.
My Youtube

no avatar
Hairybiker59
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 11:42 pm

Re: Gauge problem

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:55 pm

TenMetrePeter wrote:Those gauges are made of cheese. It could have stripped a cog when the air was released first time.

I removed the gauge mount not the gauge itself.i changed the o rings either side of the mount screw

User avatar
TenMetrePeter
Posts: 630
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:40 pm
Location: Luton Beds UK

Re: Gauge problem

Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:03 pm

Hairybiker59 wrote:
TenMetrePeter wrote:Those gauges are made of cheese. It could have stripped a cog when the air was released first time.

I removed the gauge mount not the gauge itself.i changed the o rings either side of the mount screw

The damsge is done when the air is released too rapidly rather than removing the gauge itself. I hope it is just the seals though.
Luton, Bedfordshire
S400 MPR Precision 10m.
My Youtube

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests