AAs200 help

no avatar
Mitch96

AAs200 help

Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:12 pm

Just returning to shooting after 20+years I'm new to the pcp game totally.bought myself a s200 it was filled to roughly 160bar when bought!!went for cheap option for just now with a stirrup pump I honestly thought I was filling the air chamber but not too sure as air was leaking out of the connection on the coupling(yes did use threaded tape but still leaked)cut a long story short fired about maybe 40-50 shots on my 3 times out on the farmland on the 4th time out fired 3 shots to zero and the 4th went off half cocked and nothing after that felt like it was out of air pressure!!to me the inlet pressure valve looks large and hideous so have just bought a lane lancet mk8 guage with quick fill probe I'm in a bit of a dilemma as does this sound like its out of air pressure or something more technical!!also is there any way to release the air pressure out of the cylinder before I fit the lancet mk8
Sorry for being a pain but if you don't ask you don't learn
Thanks in advance
Davy

no avatar
Outandabout

Re: AAs200 help

Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:50 pm

Hi welcome to the AAOC
Not to sure about the S200 as I have an S410 and I just dry fire the gun until it just vents off itself. It does not harm the gun dry firing it as it does with a springer.
Hope this helps.
Kevin

no avatar
Mitch96

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:37 pm

Thank you very much for the reply Kevin but gun won't cock at all mate to dry fire that's why I'm thinking the air chamber empty I've read on forums that it could be the trigger settings but can't see it no pressure bud when I lslide the bolt back usually feel the pressure sliding the pellet into the breach

no avatar
Outandabout

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:27 pm

Even with no air in the gun, you should still be able to pull back the bolt and cock the trigger for firing. If you can do that and pull the trigger and no air is expelled down the barrel its probably empty
Does the gun have a pressure gauge on it.
Connect up your pump to the gun, as if you are going to charge it but dont start pumping. The gauge on the pump will show the cylinder pressure. As it should have done last time.

no avatar
Roger5

Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:53 am

As Kevin says, you should still be able to cock and fire it, even without air in the cylinder, pull bolt back then close it, now pull trigger and it should click, don't put any pellets in it whilst doing this, or you will have a job getting them out, it just sounds like no air to me, just a thought, on left side of action is the cocking arm, when you pull bolt back does it come back at the same time, or does it not move? If it doesn't move, the small bolt on the probe could have sheared off [ not unknown to happen ] if this has happened it won't cock, if this is a new S200 I would take it back to the dealer, keep us informed. Rog

no avatar
Mitch96

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:00 am

It's not dry firing at all no click when trying to cock though the mechanism at the side slides back when bolt slides back!!should it be like the working of a centre fire where you pull back the bolt you feel the hammer click back then the trigger engages forward I'm getting nothing on the bolt or trigger just doesn't feel right I read on a forum gun won't cock and someone explained about the trigger pressure if a screws out by so much the gun won't cock at all
the front screw on mine is a couple of mil out of the housing which doesn't look right but I'm right in the deep blue tbh
No there's no pressure guage I have bought one and was going to fit it today but my gut feeling is there's about 150 bar in the cylinder
My nearest gunsmith is miles away I live in the Scottish highlands not far from chambers if I need parts though
Yep my friendly nearest and dearest gunsmiths is miles away if I put in now might get it back by February be a shame if it's only something simple but if it has to go it has to go
Any more info would be greatfully appreciated
Thanks guys I'm overwhelmed at the quick response
Cheers Davy

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:18 am

Yes the hammer should still click. There is a weight and spring in there
Another thing is troubling me. Plumber's tape is not normally needed on a fill adaptor kit. Dowty washers or O rings are the norm. What make of pump and connector kit do you have? Why didnt the pump have a gauge already?

Fitting that Lanes regulator inside the cylinder is a very skilled job for the future. I am an ex engineer who loves working with airguns and I wouldnt like to tackle it. You probably need to sort out the PCP basics first.

no avatar
Roger5

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:43 am

Are yes, the trigger, if it's out of adjustment it won't cock as sear won't hold hammer back, try turning screw nearest trigger in a touch, I'm saying nearest trigger, but you might have to slide the trigger blade out of the way to get to it, screw in a little at a time, basically screw try to cock, screw try to cock, until hopefully it cocks. Rog

no avatar
Mitch96

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:23 am

Thanks guys really starting to make sense now the stirrup pump has a guage on it but leaked out of end of the hose connector to the valve(that's why I used plumbers tape) obviously the wrong hose for the attachment I was given with the rifle it would've made sense to use some sort of gasket or o ring but you know what it's like just to get out after X number of years and make shift the pump just cheap(can't find a name on it I was given it)until I find a bottle that ain't going to cost an arm and a leg in postage to the Scottish highlands for 2 small disposable co2 bottles for paintball at £7 the postage is £12 id hate to think what a 15l air tank would cost but il defo buy one if I'm working away which won't be til Feb Il have a play with the trigger screws like roger says and won't tackle the regulator guage myself leave it to someone competent il take a trip to chambers on Monday see if I can get the correct hose for the stirrup pump
Cheers once again
Davy
Ps il let you know how I get on

no avatar
Mitch96

Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:43 pm

a little trigger adjustment was needed all good to go!! I can't but thank you guys enough now to source a proper fill hose for the stirrup pump
Cheers once again
Davy