I bought a camera!

Geordie

I bought a camera!

Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:21 pm

Only a little bridging wotsit to replace my sons DSLR that he stole back off me :( :lol: :lol:

Took a few pics of my newly oiled Hw100 stock t'other dayt.

I was quite impressed with the pic quality :D

AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

no avatar
wastrel

Re: I bought a camera!

Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:01 pm

as in so many things in life Geo, it`s not what you`ve got, but what you do with it!
I`ve recently done two photography courses with my Ricoh CX3, sat in a room with five others, the guide asked us all what camera we had & what we wanted to do with it?
the five (DSLR) owners produced their camera`s, & stated their cases, I sat my wee CX3 on the table & said, I wanna take the best pictures with this camera possible! the instructer told us all, they all should have bought my camera unless they wanted to be professionals, but their camera`s could take them there, if they wanted, mine wouldn`t!
DSLR`s are great, but, they`re so big you never carry them anywhere, ergo, you never get the use out of them, so when I wanted a new camera, I could`ve bought one, but having an old Olympus SLR that never got used, I bought a pocket friendly compact I can carry & use often, I stated on the old forum, find the `settings` in any camera, & use them, they`re there for a reason- & they work.
nice pics BTW.
afterthought for members reading this, another reason for not forking out a fortune on a camera, especially a DSLR (which, after the wedding, you`ll never use-trust me) is technology is changing so fast these days, your camera will be out of date within months-even my CX3 was!!
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

rogers1

Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:30 pm

Well that's me told! :D

In previous years, I had got a lot of enjoyment from taking photographs and had owned a Ricoh KR10, which for a 35mm SLR was a blinkin good bit of kit. I had a couple of lenses for it, but always had to be a little mindful that what I shot had to be printed, which cost a not inconsiderable amount.
With the advent of digital tech, the Ricoh became virtually obsolete (I still got over £300 for the kit when I punted it) There are still some 35mm aficionados about!

Anyway, for a number of years I was using what most of the rest were using, point and shoot stuff. I had a cracking high end sony cybershot for about five years that one day just stopped working. A Sony and a Fujifilm have stop gapped for a half dozen years... OK, but nowt special

So I finished work in April, took early retirement from working petro chem for thirty years.

for hitting thirty years with ExxonMobil, they gave me lots of stuff, not least of which was £750

I also got the same for retiring

I had a grand and a half to blow!
My wife tried to earmark it. She genuinely got well and truly told!
I bought this..

EOS70D body, Canon 18-200mm 'walkabout' lens.
Good quality Canon flash gun

I'm having fun! I take it with me when I go shooting, even if it rains. I simply bought good luggage with a rain cover.

I mess with settings all the time Wastrel!

By the way, the pic of the camera was taken on my i-phone! (it's pish)

AA TX200 MkIII in .177 with a Viper
AA Ultimate Sporter in .177, JSR scope
Weihrauch HW45 in .177, No glass, save my old, weary eyes....

no avatar
vasbyt

Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:25 am

It depends on what you want to do with the camera, I have a Canon 60D and like the ability to change lenses. I am totally amateur, but have had some of my pics used by a local news paper, and a village web site (quite a few on the village web site are mine, and no I don't run that web site or live in that village) Here is one used a couple of years ago at an event to mark the opening of the Welsh coastal path.

http://stdogmaels.org/?attachment_id=387

Geordie

Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:11 pm

Some others I had taken.....

AA s410K .177

no avatar
GrandadG

Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:38 pm

Nice pics Gordon :) ,
You're making me twitch now after seeing these, R10 or HW100 both look great, but the MFR looks a bit heavy for an old man like me :oops: , especially with all that kit balanced on top.
HW100T .177
AA Prosport .177
AA S200 .177 Huma Reg

Geordie

Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:52 pm

GrandadG wrote:Nice pics Gordon :) ,
You're making me twitch now after seeing these, R10 or HW100 both look great, but the MFR looks a bit heavy for an old man like me, especially with all that kit balanced on top :oops:

The MFR is surprisingly light in the shoulder, the add on NV does add a bit of heft but it is a very well balanced rig. I've since taken the torch off as its not really needed. I've just put a walnut stock on the R10 as I reckon the rubberised finish on the tactical is too thin and will eventually wear through on one of the sharp edges, so I've intervened to prevent that happening.

I also swapped my Hw100 carbine for a mates full length jobby. No reason other than he wanted a K version and the full length has a much higher shot count which I prefer. (alright he talked me into it :lol: :lol: )

The R10 is my baby, it must just suit me as I find it by far the easiest to shoot and its so bloody accurate, balances lovely in my mits.
AA s410K .177

Geordie

Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:42 pm

This little chap is taking up most of my time right now. He's just turned five months and is a right handful, but finding looking after him very therapeutic.

Simba............

10 weeks

5 months...

AA s410K .177

Raj

Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:30 pm

Welcome to the AAOC, Simba !!! Do you shine his coat with CCL? 8-)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:14 pm

My neck is starting to look like that.